Rangers v Fiorentina

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
24 April - UEFA Cup Live, Semi Final, 1st leg:
ITV4, 7pm Rangers v Fiorentina,
STV 19:30 Rangers v Fiorentina

Andy Walker introduces live coverage from Ibrox of Rangers' UEFA Cup first-leg, semi-final against Fiorentina. Studio guests are Terry Butcher and John Colquhoun, commentary is by Archie Macpherson and analysis from Fraser Wishart

ONLINE AT http://www.stv.tv/content/sport/football/Club_Pages/Rangers/index.html

Rangers captain Barry Ferguson and fellow midfielder Kevin Thomson are suspended for the Uefa Cup semi-final first leg at Ibrox.

Steven Naismith and Chris Burke have joined Allan McGregor, Lee McCulloch, Charlie Adam and DaMarcus Beasley on Rangers' lengthy injury list.

Kris Boyd should be available after recovering from food poisoning.

Fiorentina will be without injured defender Tomas Ujfalusi and suspended midfielder Marco Donadel.

Former Everton man Per Kroldrup is favourite to replace Ujfalusi while Zdravko Kuzmanovic is likely to be asked to step in for Donadel.

Defender Dario Dainelli has recovered from a head injury he suffered against Palermo at the weekend.

Rangers (from): Alexander, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Weir, Papac, Dailly, Whittaker, Davis, Hemdani, Novo, Darcheville, G Smith, Buffel, Cousin, Boyd, S Smith, Gow, Furman.

Fiorentina (probable): Frey; Pasqual, Gamberini, Kroldrup, Jorgensen; Liverani, Kuzmanovic, Montolivo; Mutu, Pazzini, Santana

hmm stv or itv4 for coverage. Think I'll watch itv4 coz at least they want Rangers to win.

hmm stv or itv4 for coverage. Think I'll watch itv4 coz at least they want Rangers to win.

I prefer itv 4 myself, only because they talk less bollocks than stv.....

24 April - UEFA Cup Live, Semi Final, 1st leg: ITV4, 7pm Rangers v Fiorentina, STV 19:30 Rangers v FiorentinaAndy Walker introduces live coverage from Ibrox of Rangers' UEFA Cup first-leg, semi-final against Fiorentina. Studio guests are Terry Butcher and John Colquhoun, commentary is by Archie Macpherson and analysis from Fraser Wishart ONLINE AT http://www.stv.tv/content/sport/football/Club_Pages/Rangers/index.htmlRangers captain Barry Ferguson and fellow midfielder Kevin Thomson are suspended for the Uefa Cup semi-final first leg at Ibrox. Steven Naismith and Chris Burke have joined Allan McGregor, Lee McCulloch, Charlie Adam and DaMarcus Beasley on Rangers' lengthy injury list. Kris Boyd should be available after recovering from food poisoning. Fiorentina will be without injured defender Tomas Ujfalusi and suspended midfielder Marco Donadel. Former Everton man Per Kroldrup is favourite to replace Ujfalusi while Zdravko Kuzmanovic is likely to be asked to step in for Donadel. Defender Dario Dainelli has recovered from a head injury he suffered against Palermo at the weekend. Rangers (from): Alexander, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Weir, Papac, Dailly, Whittaker, Davis, Hemdani, Novo, Darcheville, G Smith, Buffel, Cousin, Boyd, S Smith, Gow, Furman. Fiorentina (probable): Frey; Pasqual, Gamberini, Kroldrup, Jorgensen; Liverani, Kuzmanovic, Montolivo; Mutu, Pazzini, Santana
Im not watching stv or itv4, i'm watching from the copland rearC'mon the Rangers* :Clap::Clap::Clap:

0-0 i think, hopeing for a 1-0 lead

9 first team players out but i dont think that will affect the team too much

would you think will start 2night???????????????????? remember smith allways has a surprise maybe boyd? buffell? a 4-4-2??????????

who i think will start

alexander

broadfoot culluer weir papac

novo hemdani daily whittaker
.............davies

...............darch/cousin 50/50

captain davies or weir

Looking forward to the game.

Best of Luck to the Filth ;)

Rangers' quadruple dreams are still alive after they ground out a goalless draw with Fiorentina in the first leg of their Uefa Cup semi-final.

The home side looked nervous throughout the opening exchanges and allowed their game to become fragmented with misplaced passes.

Rangers provided little in terms of an attacking threat during a lacklustre first 45 minutes, with lone frontman Jean Claude Darcheville looking increasingly isolated.

Their lack of forward thinking could even have seen them fall behind before the interval as Fiorentina created the best of the opportunities in front of goal.

Carlos Cuellar was forced into a desperate challenge to deny Giampaolo Pazzini inside the opening 15 minutes, while former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu looked a threat when he was allowed to run at the Gers defence.

There was ultimately to be no breakthrough though during the first period and the game meandered towards half-time.

While the first-half had produced little in terms of entertainment, the second proved to be no better.

Neither side could be faulted for their lack of endeavour but the game lacked quality and a moment of inspiration to bring it to life.

Mutu came as close as anyone to breaking the deadlock 15 minutes from time, but his long-range free-kick was well kept out by Neil Alexander low down to his right.

Rangers continued to be let down by their delivery from set-piece situations as they eventually decided to settle for a draw and retreated further back into their shell.

There was a desperate late burst from both sides as time ticked away, but the match was destined to finish goalless and so it proved.

Rangers will be happy to still be in the tie after a tough night, and know a scoring draw in Florence next week will see them book their place at the City of Manchester Stadium for the final.

Rangers passing was so bad in the first half, I was beginning to wonder if the whole effing team was colour blind.

0-0 i think, hopeing for a 1-0 lead

9 first team players out but i dont think that will affect the team too much

would you think will start 2night???????????????????? remember smith allways has a surprise maybe boyd? buffell? a 4-4-2??????????

who i think will start

alexander

broadfoot culluer weir papac

novo hemdani daily whittaker
.............davies

...............darch/cousin 50/50

captain davies or weir

line up right, score right, RANGERS PLAY BETTER IN EUROPE AWAY COZ OF MORE SPACE

BRING IT ON..............

Nearly there, sooo close.

The excitement and tension must be brilliant for you guys :)

Thought we were good in the second half. I would have liked to see novo stay on a little longer though. Still we still have a god chance in Italy.

Thought we were good in the second half. I would have liked to see novo stay on a little longer though. Still we still have a god chance in Italy.

at the end of the day no scottish team should be there, no money and hard to attract top quality players to the spl, walter and ally have done superb , if we go out next week,,,,,,, lets not give the boys a moan and groan,,,,,and just say was great while it lasted, but i believe 1-1 and rangers v bayern

was a poor game i thought but smiths masterplan worked clean sheet, one things for sure if rangers cant pass they can sure defend!! cuellar was outstanding

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back