Rangers to go into Administration

Is administration like the Bermuda triangle, I see a lot of places going their recently.

after what rangers fans did to Manchester city centre after the Uefa Cup final in 2008, i say good riddence. dont you just love abit of karma?!

Soon to be called FC Rangers????

I dont think you are too far of the mark m8

Craig Whyte has sold us down the river. He bought the club for £1 with the debts and liabilities. He is now putting the club in administration and he is a priority creditor and will be first in line to get his loan back. Hmrc will get fook all. This guy has a history of folding companies.

Last edited:
It will all depend if they do get asset stripped to fund the HMRC tax payment, only then will Rangers cease to exist. The administrators may look at it an keep the club going as a going concern as long as the incomings exceed the outgoings. If this is the case, they will continue to trade, and new owners will be sought.
If the club does get wound up, they will cease being a member of the Scottish Premier, and will have to start at the bottom with a new name.

Craig Whyte has sold us down the river. He bought the club for £1 with the debts and liabilities. He is now putting the club in administration and he is a priority creditor and will be first in line to get his loan back. Hmrc will get fook all. This guy has a history of folding companies.

surely the administrator has the remit to pay creditors using the assets available to him? Ibrox and Murray park are still assets are they not? might be wrong dont claim to be an expert but from listening to the radio tonight wether Rangers go into admin or not HMRC or other creditors are still entitled to pursue their case.
real danger of liquadation being reported by the likes of phil mac and rangers taxcase blogs. although not sure where the truth lies both blogs seem to have been right about a lot of stuff that has happend... anyway no gloating from me on this.. too many folk (not the playing staff) will be impacted by this i.e stewards, cleaners etc.. hopefully their jobs will be saved.

surely the administrator has the remit to pay creditors using the assets available to him? Ibrox and Murray park are still assets are they not? might be wrong dont claim to be an expert but from listening to the radio tonight wether Rangers go into admin or not HMRC or other creditors are still entitled to pursue their case.
real danger of liquadation being reported by the likes of phil mac and rangers taxcase blogs. although not sure where the truth lies both blogs seem to have been right about a lot of stuff that has happend... anyway no gloating from me on this.. too many folk (not the playing staff) will be impacted by this i.e stewards, cleaners etc.. hopefully their jobs will be saved.

Only if they choose to asset strip colin. It will be run as a going concern. Motherwell done it a few seasons ago.
Acording to bbc news Whyte will get the loan he used back before hmrc get a sniff. This has been calculated m8. In my view the guys a ***** ( ibetter not say it he may sue me.

Craig white hasn't exactly covered himself in glory over the last few months.

But the blame lies squarely in David Murrays lap. surely any rational sane fan can see that

ian not saying they could develop ibrox as it is listed however they can takeover ibrox and lease it back to rangers.. i terms of whyte i have said from the start the guy cant be trusted heard some rumours though that post administration/liquadation some wealthy scottish owners may come forward.. one i heard mentioned today was the boy parks ? think he owns the BMW franchises up here? might be nonsense though?

Bear in mind the main stand faciad is a grade 1 listed building

And look at the area its in. the land is practically worthless. Ibrox only has value as a football stadium.

deedie agree 100% but i cant see them retaining ownership more likely be sold and leased back..?

But the blame lies squarely in David Murrays lap.

I would have thought that it would have sloped down slightly forward, you live and learn.

How about selling everything off and coming back as the Mighty 3rd Lanark?

And look at the area its in. the land is practically worthless. Ibrox only has value as a football stadium.

They could turn it into offices...and have a nice area round the back to have a kick about at lunch time...

Back