Rangers FC Thread

Forres game will not be moved

Luke Shanley‏@LukeShanley

Forres Mechanics v #Rangers in the Scottish Cup will take place at Mosset Park, Forres. Capacity 1500.

c509a4ea219c1d899c9876309fdc6b26_XL.jpg

Rangers 3 Falkirk 0
RANGERS booked their place in Monday’s League Cup third round draw with a convincing victory over Steven Pressley’s Falkirk at Ibrox.

After a disappointing display in Berwick this was more like it from Ally McCoist’s men who looked hungry from the first whistle and got the win thanks to a double from man-of-the-match Lee McCulloch and Andy Little’s eighth strike of the season.

The manager made three changes to his team with Ross Perry, Barrie McKay and the injured Francisco Sandaza replaced by Dean Shiels, Lee Wallace and debutant Sebastien Faure who looked comfortable as a holding midfielder alongside Ian Black.

On a beautiful night in Glasgow’s south side a crowd of 26,450 took in the action but it was the visitors who came close to breaking the deadlock after just seven minutes.

Jay Fulton’s teasing cross from the left was met by the lively David Weatherston but the winger’s right foot volley clattered off the post with Neil Alexander well beaten.

The Gers keeper then had to be alert to pluck the ball from his under his cross bar after Lyle Taylor skewed a powerful cross towards goal.

But Rangers gradually edged their way into the tie and on 12 minutes an intelligent pass from Shiels found McCulloch who took the ball in his stride but hit his shot wide of target.

On 17 minutes, however, he made no mistake.

Black’s accurate corner found Jig who rose above the Bairns defence to head home from six yards.

The goal was a blow for the visitors and the Light Blues came close to doubling their advantage before the half hour mark when McGovern tipped over an excellent long-range effort from Faure.

On 26 minutes Argyriou, on his home debut, then swung in a great cross from the right and Little’s header again had to be pushed over by the keeper.

It was one-way traffic at this stage and on 31 minutes it got worse for the Westfield side.

Shiels’ delightful pass from the centre circle found Little running beyond Falkirk’s backline and his right foot drive flew into the roof of the net.

After the break Falkirk again had an early chance with Taylor curling a 25 yard free kick just wide.

But a moment of madness at the back allowed Rangers to bag their third goal on 52 minutes.

Centre half Chris Smith, who won the SFA Youth Cup with the Light Blues in 2007, and McGovern collided when the keeper came off his line to go for a high ball.

He didn’t get anywhere near it and Smith’s poor header gave McCulloch the chance to guide the ball into the net.

It wasn’t an easy finish for the club’s number 6 who celebrated in front of a jubilant Copland Stand.

With an hour showing on Ibrox’s electronic scoreboards the tie was already over and Rangers were able to enjoy the latter stages of the game.

Rising star Barrie McKay was introduced in place of Shiels and McCoist will have been delighted with the contribution from the former Killie frontman on his return from injury.

The same can be said for Lee Wallace who cruised through the 90 minutes.

Robbie Crawford also got his first chance to impress the Ibrox faithful when he replaced Faure on 76 minutes with Kevin Kyle got a taste of the action.

Despite a couple of hiccups on their travels Rangers again impressed at home this evening and the return of Shiels and Wallace was clearly a massive boost for the squad with Elgin City next up on Sunday.

Monday’s League Cup third round draw will be held at New Douglas Park, kick off 2pm.

RANGERS: Alexander; Argyriou, Emilson, Bocanegra, Wallace; Faure (Crawford 76), Black; Macleod (Kyle 76), Shiels (McKay 62), Little; McCulloch

Subs Not Used: Gallagher, Hegarty,

FALKIRK: McGovern, Duffie, Kingsley, Flynn, Smith, J. Fulton, Alston, Murdoch, Taylor, Sibbald (Haworth 69), Weatherston (D. Fulton 85)

Subs Not Used: Bowman, McGeever, White

REF: Alan Muir

RANGERS chief Charles Green and manager Ally McCoist were bombarded with hundreds of vile calls — after their mobile numbers were posted online by a Celtic troll.

Hoops yob Stuart Kennedy, 35, tweeted the private details — then used his Twitter account to urge others to hound the pair.

Photographer Kennedy, 35, targeted his club’s Old Firm rivals as he watched Celts beat Helsingborgs in a Champions League clash at a packed Parkhead on Wednesday.

He claimed the numbers were being passed among tens of thousands of fellow fans in the crowd of 50,000.

In his first tweet he posted an 11-digit mobile number and wrote: “No joke, the belfast bhoys have been giving them it tight all day! haha.”

Soon after he posted a second message, adding: “Someone sent that as a text to me haha dont know if it is s**t. Let me know lol.”

A Rangers source said: “It’s shocking. Ally and Charles were given dogs abuse all day. Some of it was seriously abusive.”

Last night, Kennedy was facing a police probe.

At his semi-detached home in a quiet suburb of Carfin, Lanarkshire, the dad desperately tried to play down his actions.

He told The Scottish Sun he had no idea that the numbers he posted belonged to McCoist and Green. Visibly shaking, Kennedy, explained: “It was just a retweet. I didn’t think anything of it.

“Someone sent me it as a text and, like you would with a joke, I just thought that I would post it on.

“Honestly, I thought they were fake numbers — if I could say sorry to Ally I would.”

Kennedy suggested that he too has been the subject of sectarian abuse since he posted the numbers of the two Ibrox bigwigs. And he claimed he has had to hand his mobile over to Strathclyde Police as a result.

He said: “Since I posted the numbers I’ve taken them down.

“But I have been subjected to quite a few phone calls of a sectarian nature.”

A spokesman for Rangers described Kennedy’s actions as “grossly irresponsible” and insisted action had been taken to ensure Green and McCoist, below, were not subject to further abuse.

He added: “The numbers were made public on the internet, we believe, following the theft of a mobile phone.”

Strathclyde Police had no record of Kennedy complaining he too was subject to abuse on his phone.

A spokeswoman for the force said inquiries are continuing.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2553cg5Lg

And Sky Sports News also report: 'Hearts' David Templeton arrives at Murray Park ahead of potential move to Rangers'

brian mclauchlin ‏@BBCBMcLauchlin
Paperwork for Templeton move from Hearts to Rangers has been received by the SFA. Awaiting confirmation deal was concluded in time.

Top Target Secured
Written by David Melvin

Top Target Secured

ALLY McCOIST has secured his top target of the summer transfer window with the capture of David Templeton.

The Rangers boss has been a long time admirer of the young winger and will be pleased to seal the deal.

Templeton's arrival marks the eighth signing of the summer after Dean Shiels, Ian Black, Fran Sandaza, Kevin Kyle, Emilson Cribari, Anestis Argyriou and Sebastien Faure.

The exciting young talent signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues at Murray Park late on Friday and moves for an undisclosed fee.

That came just 24 hours after the 23-year-old scored against Liverpool at Anfield and he only arrived back in Scotland on Friday evening.

He immediately made the trip to Auchenhowie to complete negotiations and seal a move to the 54-times Scottish champions.

We'll have the first reaction to Templeton's signing here shortly on rangers.co.uk and on RANGERSTV.tv

7124924f961cf64ed9d4240912ace279_XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Desperate To Sign
Written by Andrew Dickson

Desperate To Sign

7124924f961cf64ed9d4240912ace279_XL.jpg

DAVID TEMPLETON admits he was desperate to sign for Rangers as soon as he heard his former club Hearts was willing to let him move to Ibrox.

The winger has signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues after they agreed an undisclosed fee for him with the Edinburgh outfit.

Despite a hectic 24 hours which saw Templeton score for the Jambos at Liverpool, train on Merseyside this morning then travel by bus to the capital, he hopes to play on Sunday.

Whether the 23-year-old is selected for the side that faces Elgin City remains to be seen as manager Ally McCoist has to weigh up how fresh his latest recruit will be.

Either way, Templeton is eager to get his Gers career underway in earnest and hopes will be high the exciting forward can make a positive impact.

He told RangersTV.tv: “It has been such a long day and we came back up from Liverpool this morning then I was in at Murray Park for quite a while.

“But it’s good to finally get everything done and I’m looking forward to playing for such a massive club.

“I’d heard some things through the papers and stuff like that but it was only really today that I heard from my agent an offer had gone in.

“Once I had come back up the road, I went to meet him and then we came here to talk to Rangers about it.

“It was strange to play at Anfield last night and then speak about coming to Rangers but as soon as the offer was accepted, it was something I wanted to do.

“I wanted to speak with the manager and see how things were. Now I’m really looking forward to getting started.”

Having put pen to paper on a contract that ties him to Rangers until the summer of 2016, Templeton has shown an impressive long-term commitment to the club.

And he is keen to help take the Light Blues back through the divisions and back to the top of Scottish football and taking advice from two of his old Tynecastle colleagues.

Templeton added: “I’ve spoken to some of the boys such as Ian Black and Lee Wallace and they are loving it here.

“Once I had spoken to them, I thought I wanted to be part of this and to help get Rangers back to where they belong. I’m looking forward to being part of that.

“It’s a good challenge for us. I want to help the club succeed and to get back into Europe again as it should be. I’m looking forward to the next four years.”

we havent had a decent winger in years. yassssssssssssssssssss.

Bocanegra joins Racing Santander

Racing Santander have announced they have signed Carlos Bocanegra on loan from Rangers.

The Spanish second division side said the USA defender had joined until June 30, 2013. Bocanegra later revealed he was hopeful of a return to Ibrox at some stage.

The 33-year-old told Sky Sports News: "It's a strange feeling because I really enjoy it here. But the decision is mutually beneficial. We have been in discussions for a while, it's not just a last-minute smash-and-grab deal.

"At the same time it's exciting to get the opportunity to play in Spain. Also, it's exciting it's only a loan because I get to come back. I enjoy it here, I was lucky enough to be club captain and that's a huge honour.''

Still The Biggest Draw………..

What does the St Johnstone Player of the year, Hearts Player of the year, Kilmarnock Player of the year & the hottest young talent at Hearts season 2011/2012 have in common?

They all play for the most successful club in the world.

They will also all be playing in front of 45,000+ at Ibrox every home game, instead of half empty stadiums, and as was the case at Tynecastle in Hearts last home game, A fully empty stand.

They will also be playing in front of larger television audience than any of their old colleagues, as has been proving from recent TV viewing figures, where a paltry 25,000 watched Templeton’s old team face Hibs in a local and apparently fierce derby, in comparison, Ian Black was watched by 166,000 TV viewers as he strutted his stuff in the 3rd Division.

How can Rangers afford these players is one of the cries from the deluded gaggle of fans who thought that they had ‘seen off’ Rangers , It’s simple enough, 36,000 season tickets sold at a very conservative average of £360 equals £12.96 million. Hearts, with just over 8,000 season ticket holders at a Gold Package price of £420 comes to £3,36 million. Maybe if these same bitter, twisted and downright jealous fans of SPL clubs actually supported their clubs, put money into the coffers, sold out their grounds on home match days and produced outstanding TV viewing figures their clubs would be in a better position and be able to afford better players and wouldn’t have to accept deals from Rangers. Another question is why would players go to division 3 to play? Well it is simple again Rangers are still the biggest draw. The points I have mentioned above, coupled with the fact these players will have just as much chance of winning a trophy with Rangers as they did with their old club, it’s a no brainer.

Let me ask them, the deluded fans of SPL clubs, a question.

What is the difference between plying your trade in the SPL in front of half empty stadiums, occasionally in front of pitiful TV viewing figures and with a small, very small, chance of winning any silverware and Playing for Rangers?

Let me answer that for them before they start with the foaming at the mouth ‘But your in Division 3, You shouldn’t be allowed to’ followed by toys out of the pram and more tears than Gazza at Italia ’90.

Rangers have sold 36,000+ season tickets as I write this, that is more than any other club in Scotland, Rangers played in front of 49,118 fans in the clubs last home league match, That is more than the entire Scottish Football Card for that very same day, Rangers have a squad of seasoned SPL pro’s, the best players from these clubs none the less and so in turn will have a very realistic chance of winning one of the two cups available. Rangers match vs Peterhead saw 166,000 TV viewers, dwarfing any other match in Scotland played in front of the TV cameras.

Rangers have always been the biggest draw in Scotland, demoting the club to the 3rd Division a lot of rival (in their own minds) fans thought that the club and fans would just stay down there, be quiet and we would lose what is unique , the fans loyalty.

The opposite has happened, we have embarrassed SPL clubs in the transfer market, embarrassed them in season ticket sales, embarrassed them in match day crowds, embarrassed them in TV viewing figures.

The dummies have now well and truly been spat out, from Media men to SPL fans claiming it’s not fair and players are lacking ambition, whereas it’s the complete opposite again, it is what the other clubs deserve, it is ambition bringing them to Ibrox, ambition to sign for such a world-renowned name, ambition to play in front of more fans in one game than the entire Scottish game can produce, to be seen by more TV viewers than any other club in Scotland.

This is just the start, as I have written before, we will rise, we will trample on clubs who treated us with hatred and jealousy, and we will enjoy every toy and dummy being thrown out the pram as we leave you in our wake.
wv4-david-templeton-rangers.jpg
Welcome to Rangers David Cooper Templeton, you are at a real, well supported club who love their own club more than they hate any other , its a foreign concept in Scotland, but it works for us.

Last edited:
never a truer word spkoen m8
if hes half as good as davie cooper was ide be happy.

Welcome to Rangers David Cooper Templeton, you are at a real, well supported club who love their own club more than they hate any other , its a foreign concept in Scotland, but it works for us.

Oh how I miss the SPL

Aberdeen 0 - 0 St Mirren
Celtic 2 - 2 Hibernian
Ross County 0 - 0 Kilmarnock
St Johnstone 0 - 0 Dundee Utd

Jesus-wept.jpg

Deadline Day: Anfield Hero David Templeton Makes Rangers' Ambitions Clear

hi-res-149952926_crop_exact.jpg

In 1972 the Rangers football club were at the pinnacle of European football—winning the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup at the Camp Nou and competing in the first ever Super Cup game with then European Cup winners and total football pioneers, Ajax.

Forty years on, the club is now playing under vastly different circumstances. The Rangers were once competing with the biggest clubs in world football—this weekend sees Ally McCoist’s Gers take on third division title rivals Elgin City.

The world’s most decorated and successful football club (with their record 54 league titles) has gone from the UEFA Cup final to facing off against part-timers in only five years—quite some fall from taking on Ajax in the European Super Cup.

Despite this substantial slump, the Rangers' admirable ambition shows no signs of disappearing. While most Rangers fans expected to be watching a team of under-19s line up alongside loyal stars Lee McCulloch and Lee Wallace, McCoist’s eight summer signings would be enough to strike fear in to the hearts of most SPL clubs, let alone the Rangers’ third division rivals.

The addition of some of the SPL’s finest talents, Black, Shields and Templeton, as well as former Serie A defender Emilson Cribari and former AEK Athens star Anestis Agyriou, show the rest of Scottish football that the Rangers mean business.

With a formidable squad that would more than compete in the top flight of Scottish football, Rangers appear to have more than just the third division title in their sights this season.

The Govan faithful see the Ramsdens Cup as a must-win tournament, and McCoist’s men are likely to be aiming to add this season’s Scottish and League Cups to the club’s illustrious list of honours.

Throughout their proud 140 year history, Rangers Football Club has maintained the highest of expectations and an unrivalled sense of ambition. Rangers may no longer be at the top of European football, but one thing is for sure: the Rangers philosophy of "No Surrender" will never die.
Deadline Day: Anfield Hero David Templeton Makes Rangers' Ambitions Clear | Bleacher Report

Back