R4DS is it any good?

gaizka71

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi lads,

new to the ds, bougth my dad the brain training game and the ds for Xmas like many others and I am trying to get to know what it can do.

I have been reading a bit about passscard 3 and stuff that allows you to wacth movies, play mp3 and play with your back up copies of the games....

any body heard about this R4DS?
how does it work? any good?

Thanks for you comments.

Hi lads,

new to the ds, bougth my dad the brain training game and the ds for Xmas like many others and I am trying to get to know what it can do.

I have been reading a bit about passscard 3 and stuff that allows you to wacth movies, play mp3 and play with your back up copies of the games....

any body heard about this R4DS?
how does it work? any good?

Thanks for you comments.

sounds like it does what the supercard ds one does and the ds-xtreme...

check this out then y wud u wanna do this any1 got a good reason?

You can also change an M3 Simply into an R4 DS. It´s also possible for either unit to let it accept English or Chinese firmware. The thread on GBATemp can be found here. And here´s the big version of the pic that I put together:

r4dshack4yg0.jpg

I know nothing about the DS but as I bought my 8 year old girl one for xmas I decided to have a look round.

I went for the R4 which cost me £55 with a 1gig memory card. I had thing thing working in 10 minutes. It really is a piece of cake. It comes with a card reader/writer and all the software needed.

After copying a folder and a couple of files to the root directory of the memory card it is simply drag and drop your roms to the card and off you go.

I have tried several roms and all work perfectly.

http://www.cheapmod.net/cat--Nintendo-GBA-DS--ds

I hope posting this link is ok. It is the first time I have used these people and the service was excellent.

hope this helps...black_arab

I went for the R4 which cost me £55 with a 1gig memory card. I had thing thing working in 10 minutes. It really is a piece of cake. It comes with a card reader/writer and all the software needed.

Why did you go for R4? what made you decide for it?

I have tried several roms and all work perfectly.

have you tried brain training and brain academy?

I went for the R4 because basically it is idiot proof and like I said I hadn't really much knowledge of the DS.

The little girl was chuffed to bits with it tonight as I d/ld all 800 DS Roms available from the newsgroups so she had plenty to chose from. Sadly it was all girlie games. Sims 2 Pets, Spyro, Happy Feet, Vet Practice.

I had a little play before she got home from school and couldn't find a problem with it. I played Bust A Move and Top Spin 2, it all ran excellently mate.

I want to try the brain training myself so I will let you know tomorrow when I give it a bash.

Highly recommended as far as I am concerned.

To continue on this thread I have tried several more Roms all which work flawlessly.

Brain Training and Brain academy were amongst the Roms I tried.

orderd mine

Orderd my m3 simply same product apart from sticker for £26 inc p&p from Divineo CN

Back