R4 Games Not working? Unoffical Update

Eddie2008

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is a modded firmware based on the TTDS firmware which will run on R4 Cards , i have only tested it on oridginal <2gb R4's.
There has been no recent updates since V1.18 so if your games dont work then try this.
Place the files in the root of the card same as R4.

how do you access the setting for this firmware , when installed i just see the games folder nothing else

how do you access the setting for this firmware , when installed i just see the games folder nothing else

Thats the way the DSTT is, there is no menu like R4 unless you use the dstt advanced firmware.

This is a modded firmware based on the TTDS firmware which will run on R4 Cards , i have only tested it on oridginal <2gb R4's.
There has been no recent updates since V1.18 so if your games dont work then try this.
Place the files in the root of the card same as R4.

I tried it on a spare 1gb card with a game I knew needed patched but wasnt patched. It worked ok, patched it itself and it played. The menu is pretty crap, tried a new skin on it but it didnt load.

The main thing is the game worked, although the R4 menu is better and I prefer to patch the games.

Cheers anyway m8, nice one.

i have put this on a 2gb r4 card
and a hello kitty game that won't work on the original 1.18 firmeware
all it comes up on the screen is a blank box

if i press the select button it comes up 3 boxes

1 with pass NDS Pass me
2 GBA Boot GBA
3 YS DS Menu

can anyone tell me what i have to do to get this working

You may have possibly changed the file view by pressing select to .sav files, and if you haven't run the game there would be no files to show.

Start=menu options
Select= cycle file view..... games/savs/all

so try pessing the 'select' button and note what mode it is in by looking at the top right corner of the screen.

and here's a r4 to y's theme converter attached below grabbed from another forum, note the theme.ini must be in ANSI format or it will throw an 'oops' error, just open the theme.ini in notepad and resave in ANSI format to solve. might be of use to someone.

Last edited:
Try this one V1.17A Eng its moonshell and also compatible with dstt

I tried to upload the file but it wont let me

Just tried the ysmenu on r4ds running v1.18 booted up fine but still doesnt get past video on clone wars

I have made one that only uses 2 files to transfer still not perfect.

Hi,
I am looking for a fix to have star wars clone wars work on my r4ds. Will this zip file do the trick?
Thank you!

Hi,
I am looking for a fix to have star wars clone wars work on my r4ds. Will this zip file do the trick?
Thank you!

nope, becuase dstt firmware from which this is based can't run clone wars

Back