quitting smoking?

Ive been quit for about 14 months now the longest ive went before was a month lol. I went to the docs to see the nurse and i got the chewing gum on the NHS, still had to pay for them but not as in the first few months, dont think **** it ive failed and start again just slap yourself on the wrists and think it was a one off. I had a sneaky one my 3rd day of quitting (well the do say the 3's are the hardest lol) but im still smoke free now. Well sort of since i came off the gum ive had one or two on nights out but again in the morning i didnt want one. I am now sdtarting to see the benefits even after just a year, i can now do much more ardio at the gym now and i feel much better for it and ive done it at a good time as im only 22, o years to recover. Im eventually aiming to do the Great North Run, the only downside is the weight thing again i put on nearly 2 stone, buts is coming off slowly now :)

to stop smoking u really want to
no half harded thoughts
go cold turky
i done it i had a few smokes left i finshed them then said no more
it is hard but worth it in the end
apart from feeling better u have money in ur pocket

i used to smoke 30-40 aday even through the night i would wake up for a smoke
i gave up on a friday night 8 yrs ago and havent smoked since
ppl smoke around me and it dont bother me

so go for it but to suceed u defo want to stop

Top advice David. Thats exactly how i done it 12 years ago.
Just to reitterate you need to WANT to stop
Phsyc yourself up then quit cold turkey.
First 2 days are the worst m8.
Good luck.

I found it really tough to give up. I havent smoked now for over ten years but still get urges. it is all about self control and the most difficult part to get over is trying to avoid one after a nice meal, a cuppa or beer! My wife made me give up actually. Her constant nagging.

I never used any aids, perhaps thats why I had difficulties. To be fair, I had started when I was 10 though it was just on/off until I started more regularly when I was 17.

Good luck with giving up, and try to be strong with the self control

I used to smoke 20-30 a day before I quit before christmas and I used an electronic cigarette for a week then stopped altogether.

I found its all about breaking associations such as a fag with a cuppa, a fag when your driving, on the phone and so on.

I used loads and loads of normal chewing gum, you cant really put on weight that way. I only gained about half a stone. Didnt drink tea of coffee for the first few weeks and avoided the pub and smoking friends.

Last edited:
I quit with the help of the hypnotherapist and I aint smoked for 4 months now :)

Got made redundant etc thought it would puss me off and start again but tbh it aint really bothered me..

GL with the stopping smoking oh and the wedding!!!

I quit with the help of the hypnotherapist and I aint smoked for 4 months now :)

Got made redundant etc thought it would puss me off and start again but tbh it aint really bothered me..

GL with the stopping smoking oh and the wedding!!!

Thats a point I dont know whast the hardest Stopping smoking or being married lol

only kidding mate all the best

@Hoopy Cheers mate. Honestly best thing I have ever done (apart from my having my 3 kids that is)

I've been so inspired by Thjis thread that I have brought my stop smoking day forward from Monday. I woke up at 6:30am for work and i've not had one yet. I also haven;t brought any money to work so that I'm not tempted to buy any. So i'm 3 hours into it. Wish me luck folks

I've been so inspired by Thjis thread that I have brought my stop smoking day forward from Monday. I woke up at 6:30am for work and i've not had one yet. I also haven;t brought any money to work so that I'm not tempted to buy any. So i'm 3 hours into it. Wish me luck folks
good luck pal.i don't smoke myself but when my mom had the alternative to either quit smoking or possibly having her leg off,reality suddenly trips in.me and my dad gave her loads of help but with alot of willpower, and obviously the thought of losing a leg, she's been clean for 10 yrs now.she had to have a balloon put down one of her arterys in her leg to open up the flow of blood but she's a ok now:proud:

Good luck mate:Clap:
Try to change your normal routine, even if it means doin a little extra work..it'll be well worth it

Back