?? Quick heads up please ??

chrisyorks13

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for reading this.

Basically elderly (80years) relative of my wife would like cheaper tv. Sky too expensive (subscribed to ) and not in cable area. What is needed to get english speaking programmes?

He has a static 80cm dish already but I dont know what is needed. I have scanned a few posts but really havent the time at the moment to go into depth or google for hours etc.

Any help appreciated. Thanks Chris

Nothing is plug and play, everything needs maintained to some degree.

If the guy is savvy with using a PC, cables, using a dreambox, etc then you could get a motor for the dish and make it movable, or even point it to 13e or 19.2e, plenty of english channels on those satellite. But as for UK SKy, you won't get anything unless you pay for it, that's the bottom line. It's not hacked like cable, no subscription, no channels.

as above or install monoblock lnb and get both 13 and 19.2e on a static dish

if he wants easy to use, trouble free english programmes buy him a 2ns hand digibox off ebay and get the free sky channels

Thanks for the answers, as I said he is SUBSCRIBED to sky already but find the cost too much.
As far as the pc goes, no hardly knows what a mouse is still thinks there rodents. I would have to hold his hand all the way. So the quick answer for him really is no.
But I might explore this route for myself later, but I have cable and know how to do that so probably just to play around.
Also I have a 1m dish but my wife really hated me messing with the old analogue setup looking for feeds etc.

Thanks, Chris

Back