[Question] Just before i flash do i need to read the key?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
been reading and see there's some new CFW out, i was under the impression that i need to read the keys first then take the latest update and the flash with CFW and then re-run the games through AGBX and then burn again?

(just noticed another thread where some one had taken the update and there just going to flash CFW to it)

Cheers

The new jungleflasher does pretty much everything it reads the keys fine in the latest release as the earlier version had probs reading them after the latest update. The only time to need to redo your games is if they are AP25 protected these are the known ones, Fable 3, Assasins Creed Brotherhood, Halo Reach, CODBO, CODMW3, however no new patches are out yet that allow you to do this, the only time that you can still run these is if you have an hitachi drive all otehr srives have Ap25 implemented. Once the new AP25 patches are released you will have to make images of your AP25 backups then run them through abgx to patch and reburn. Hope that helps

Thanks for that bud, i think i get it, so really I'm looking for one of my old xbox 360's to have a Hitachi in it to allow me to run CODBO - as the other drives all though have the new CFW won't allow me to do this?

So do i take the new update and then just flash with JF and put CFW on, of course if the drives not an Hitachi then i won't be able to use CODBO....(i was under the impression that i had to read the key before the update as i was reading some where that the new update fills 00000000 some where?) but just reading back your thread again looks like the new JF can then put the CFW on after the new M$ update....it's only the hitachi drives that will allow me to play CODBO

Yeah you got it pretty much bud. The only time it was looking as if it was filling the drive with zeros was on the previous version of JF, someone found out that you could in fact quite happily read the drive key using very old versions of it was just that part of the software that wasnt initialised in later versions because they didnt deem it necessary.

As for your AP25 yes mate you will have to hunt through and find and hitachi and I think you will find its only the earlier hitachis which are not affected the later ones are affected. I know for a fact that the 49 hitachi drive plays the AP25 without any probs, however the newer ones will give you a blank screen and you have about 3 mins to remove and reboot the xbox before you are flagged.

If you use your console on xbl , i would advise you to flash back to stock then take the update , then flash to the new cfw

ok to be on the safe side i'll flash back to stock, take the update and then put the CFW on.....thanks prag and davey mate though some useful info, least i know what drive i'm after if i wanna get CODBO and that working again. (i've got a few machines here and if the hitachi is the only ones for now that will allow ap25 CODBO etc to work lets hope they are for my sake!)

looks like i'm nackered then,. got a sammy and a couple of benQ's....dang it then

looks like i'm nackered then,. got a sammy and a couple of benQ's....dang it then

Na you aint they just updated ABGX with the patches now so yo u will the latest verions of ABGX, use imgburn to backup your backup run it through abgx and use SSv2 DMI sectors to patch that iso if you aint dun it then it should update the ISO with the new ABGX patch and crash bang wallop you will be back on playing black ops.:Biggrin2:

ah mint! mint! mint! that's awesome news, right time to dig out and fire up the old modding XP machine (watch this space!) has been a while! think I'm going to use the new (old xbox) and take the update on it and then flash it, the old machine that i have sounds like a Chinook helicopter with all the fans and that attached to it, so if i start afresh with the new one that has never been touched least i'll be able to play it with out the sound of a tornado ! right time to get on it then! thanks again for the info/help mate!

chaps, one last one if i can, i have the benQ open and in JF i have "post" or "pre" CFW, which one is i need?

sorted, used the post folder as have all ready updated that machine, just waiting on the massive AGBX video partitions to download then can re run the ISO through AGBX and then burn!

Not sure what you mean but its either of two things

if its been flashed before then you need post, if not flashed before or flashed to stock then you need pre OR
it means after latest update and pre means before latest update might be worth reading the latest jungleflasher tutorial PDF which can be downloaded via the link in the latest JF

yeah there was two folders, one called "pre" and one "post" found this on the net

whats the OFW folder bin for dont need that and also whats the pre folder bin for

answer

If you have not updated already use the pre folder flash to stock update then use the post folder to flash to LT+1.9

errrm, the AP2.5 fix for these 6 games have been on ABGX for a while now and pre and post does exactly what it says on the tin, Pre = before and Post = after, this is all about the latest dashboard, so, if you have an earlier dashboard and your drive is flashed, use the pre to flash back to stock, then take the latest dashboard, now you can use the post cfw Simples :)

Last edited:
There is new challenges for these games now , so they will not boot until new patches are out for them.
errrm, the AP2.5 fix for these 6 games have been on ABGX for a while now and pre and post does exactly what it says on the tin, Pre = before and Post = after, this is all about the latest dashboard, so, if you have an earlier dashboard and your drive is flashed, use the pre to flash back to stock, then take the latest dashboard, now you can use the post cfw Simples :)

Back