• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

iPhone Question about factory reset on iPhone

I have an old iPhone 5 and bought a new iPhone 7 Plus last week. I am going to sell the old iPhone and want to remove all sensitive data on it. My question is a simple factory reset enough to permanently destroy the data?

nistleboy

DW Member +
I would say it would be very high as no one has took apple to court yet.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

t3rminal

New Member ++
Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings should do it fine for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I did that a couple of times before posting in here. The screen continues flashing and only force it rebooted that would get it stopped.

Everything is on the phone after reboot. it is so weird.

DoomedEarl

VIP Member
VIP Member
Just plug it into itunes and do a restore. It will update the firmware and wipe everything

Thanks. I already wiped the phone with this method. The network connection is bad with iTunes. So iTunes i not a good option for me.
If this issue is only existent with iTunes, head over to Download iOS Firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Watch and Apple TV. and download the latest IPSW for your device (or any IPSW that is currently being signed (shows up in green text not red)), then when you come to restore using iTunes, hold the shift button (windows) or command button (Mac OS) and then press the restore button, a new window will open, direct it to the .ipsw you downloaded earlier and it will verify and use that .ipsw instead.