iPhone Question about factory reset on iPhone

diozapps

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have an old iPhone 5 and bought a new iPhone 7 Plus last week. I am going to sell the old iPhone and want to remove all sensitive data on it. My question is a simple factory reset enough to permanently destroy the data?

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings should do it fine for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I did that a couple of times before posting in here. The screen continues flashing and only force it rebooted that would get it stopped.

Everything is on the phone after reboot. it is so weird.

Thanks. I already wiped the phone with this method. The network connection is bad with iTunes. So iTunes i not a good option for me.
If this issue is only existent with iTunes, head over to Download iOS Firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Watch and Apple TV. and download the latest IPSW for your device (or any IPSW that is currently being signed (shows up in green text not red)), then when you come to restore using iTunes, hold the shift button (windows) or command button (Mac OS) and then press the restore button, a new window will open, direct it to the .ipsw you downloaded earlier and it will verify and use that .ipsw instead.

connect your iPhone with your PC and restore it with iTunes.
All your datas are cleaned

Thanks. I already wiped the phone with this method , The network connection is bad with iTunes. So iTunes i not a good option for me.
As a third party , it just need to , he's just selling his products ,not help us to permanently erase data from phone ,

If you want to sell it, don’t forget to remove the iPhone from your Apple ID devices! If you don’t, your phone will be iCloud locked and unusable.
I know this thread is old but if someone comes later to read it...
Here is the website that explains how to remove the device from your account BEFORE resetting it or AFTER resetting it:
Remove a device from Find Devices on iCloud.com
If you have questions, you can message me.:)

Just use the open forum to help each other , then members using the search function can find the solution to the problems they are looking for ect :)

Back