putting god 1st

I am not saying ur not entitled to be married or have ur children christened what I am saying is if u dont believe in God why do it. The whole idea of being married is that u do it in the eyes of god and the whole idea of having children christened is that they are christened and welcomed into the family of god and that faith if you dont beleive cant see the point of you having them christened. Its like saying i dont believe in drinking then going into the pub and having a drink or saying im scared of getting skin cancer then going sunbathing just becoz its the done thing . anyway I think ive made my point . people cant have it both ways whats that saying you cant have your cake and eat it

at last someone who talks sense!

i remember having jahovas witnesses at my door once babbling on, so i said look i'm an athiest. they still carried on asking me where i thought i came from and where did my surroundings come from and all that c**p!!!!!!
If the path of god means no one gets harmed physically or mentally then it has to be good!!
Also if god stopped or was able to stop all the disasters and all the hurt then we would be robots,acording to the bible he has given us free will,freedom of choice, freedom of thought and freedom of speech.
and in the bible it says also we will all be judged, all disbeleivers and blasphemers will not go the the promised land,well i want me and my family to go there,i don,t want to die forever,fecking paying all these bills and obeying the law, when i could be out holidaying,drugdealing,robbing pillaging..
I like that little glimmer of hope that all this suffering and heartache is not in vain
cob_ob

Last edited:
ive just re-read your post sargie

I shall not swear

I shall not steal

ok i might swear but ive never stolen so I dont know what your really getting at. you want to enlighten me are you suggesting I steal ?????????

I like that little glimmer of hope that all this suffering and heartache is not in vain
cob_ob

If its what gets you through life m8 and you are happy...then good on you. I on the other hand just get through life as I see fit and dont need to go worshiping Gods.

Vixen stated
You either believe or dont but if u dont please dont be a hyprocrite
I dont actually believe that, I was brought up in a christian family, went to Sunday school, church, boys brigade etc etc. Does that mean after I grew up that I cant be sceptical about what they taught me. I am God fearing, but this is probably because of my upbringing, but I will not go to church or worship any God nowdays. If there is a God and heaven and hell, then if I go to hell because I dont worship God, then so be it, I will be there with lots of other good people who don't go about worshipping God but are still good people, but if I get a free pass to heaven just for believing in God, then thats o.k too.

Just wanna give some quototaions form the holy qur'aan the last revelation from GOD to mankind, i jus wanna all you people to think before you say anything about the one who created you:

O men! It is you, who stand in need of God, whereas He alone is self-sufficient, the One to whom all praise is due.

If He so wills, He can do away with you and bring forth a new mankind [in your stead

Verily, it is God [alone] who upholds the celestial bodies (29) and the earth, lest they deviate [from their orbits] - for if they should ever deviate, there is none that could uphold them after He will have ceased to do so. (30) [But,] verily, He is ever-forbearing, much-for�giving! (31)

. Now if God were to take men [at once] to task for whatever [wrong] they commit [on earth], He would not leave a single living creature upon its surface. However, He grants them respite for a term set [by Him]: (34) but when their term comes to an end - then, verily, [they come to know that] God sees all that is in [the hearts of] His servants.

Have they never journeyed about the earth and beheld what happened in the end to those [deniers of the truth] who lived before their time and were [so much] greater than they in power? And [do they not see that the will of] God can never be foiled by anything whatever in the heavens or on earth, since, verily, He is all-knowing, infinite in His power?

their arro�gant behaviour on earth, and their devising of evil [arguments against God�s messages]. (32) Yet [in the end,] such evil scheming will engulf none but its authors: and can they expect anything but [to be made to go] the way of those [sinners] of olden times? (33) Thus [it is]: no change wilt thou ever find in God�s way; yea, no deviation wilt thou ever find in God�s way!

He it is who has made you inherit the earth. (24) Hence, he who is bent on denying the truth [of God�s oneness and uniqueness ought to know that] this denial of his will fall back upon him: for their [per�sistent] denial of this truth does but add to the deniers� loathsomeness in their Sustainer�s sight and, thus, their denial of this truth does but add to the deniers� loss.

But as for those who are bent on denying the truth - the fire of hell awaits them: no end shall be put to their lives so that they could die, nor shall aught of the suffering caused by that [fire] be lightened for them: thus shall We requite all who are bereft of gratitude.

And in that [hell] they will cry aloud: �O our Sustainer! Cause us to come out [of this suffering]! We shall [henceforth] do good deeds, not such as we were wont to do [aforetime]!� [But We shall answer:] �Did We not grant you a life long enough so that whoever was willing to take thought could bethink himself? And [withal,] a war�ner had come unto you! Taste, then, [the fruit of your evil deeds]: for evildoers shall have none to succour them!�

Verily, God knows the hidden reality of the heavens and the earth: [and,] behold, He has full knowledge of what is in the hearts [of men].

If I want a lecture on the bible or whatever you call it, then I will ask for it.

the thread is called putting god first , no need for that m8. strikes me that the ppl who are athiest were brought up by strictly religious parents..that book I put up explains that if you look past your ego and read it

the thread is called putting god first , no need for that m8. strikes me that the ppl who are athiest were brought up by strictly religious parents..that book I put up explains that if you look past your ego and read it
I never said I was an aethiest, I said I was sceptical about things which cannot be proved but I also stated I was God fearing. I still dont want people giving me lectures on the bible.

so what are you then , *preach* you should love him not fear him if you believe him to exist?!

:Cheers:

I am a God fearing man who lost faith in his beliefs and who doesnt love him anymore, thats if God is a him.

I am now just an ordinary man who just gets on with life as best I can.

I am a God fearing man who lost faith in his beliefs and who doesnt love him anymore, thats if God is a him.

I am now just an ordinary man who just gets on with life as best I can.

I respect you for that sir, I believe your extraordinary but let us leave it at that :)

No hard feelings etc.

english

sheesh this thread has gone way too far past the original post it now seems that people are having slagging match about what is right and wrong. when there is no right or wrong in this descussion each to thier own. niether side of the argument is in the position to critisise the other. people are different and at the end of the day thats what makes us. live your life how you want and dont lets argue about. most importantly be good to each other.

in answer to vixen you said i was a hypocryte for getting married and having my children christened as i said before alot of people see it as tradition and wether its right or wrong god doesnt always come into it.

Which is why i said you could be seen as a hypocyte for 1 swearing and 2 if you dont steal you come to a forum about hacking do you not? and if you dont do it yourslef you cant condem the act of hacking.

Lastly i do not think anything you do is wrong in anway or any other religous person so why cant the way i live my life be accepted by religous people too.

its the 21st century and im affraid it just aint the perfect world it should be!

i just wanna ask a couple of questions, if GOD didnt create us who did?, did we create ourselves?

so if we created ourselves why do we have no control of our own death?

why do we become ill?

how is that the sun rises everyday i.e why is that once in a while it does not rise?

why do we age and why are we weak(i.e as babys) strong(youth) and then weak again(old age)?

plz give me answers?????????????

i just wanna ask a couple of questions, if GOD didnt create us who did?, did we create ourselves?

It's scientific fact that we have evolved over millions of years from other mammals. Have you not seen the guinness advert lol. Do you have proof that God created man?

so if we created ourselves why do we have no control of our own death?
We didn't, so we don't

why do we become ill?
Because there's germs and disease everywhere and if you don't look after your body in the correct way, your imune system can't cope and your body breaks down.

how is that the sun rises everyday i.e why is that once in a while it does not rise?
Errr....the sun does rise every day! When has there been 24 hours of complete darkness

why do we age and why are we weak(i.e as babys) strong(youth) and then weak again(old age)?
Everything has a life span.

I think this thread has gone beyond it's initial post and is getting silly!

If its what gets you through life m8 and you are happy...then good on you. I on the other hand just get through life as I see fit and dont need to go worshiping Gods.

Vixen stated
I dont actually believe that, I was brought up in a christian family, went to Sunday school, church, boys brigade etc etc. Does that mean after I grew up that I cant be sceptical about what they taught me. I am God fearing, but this is probably because of my upbringing, but I will not go to church or worship any God nowdays. If there is a God and heaven and hell, then if I go to hell because I dont worship God, then so be it, I will be there with lots of other good people who don't go about worshipping God but are still good people, but if I get a free pass to heaven just for believing in God, then thats o.k too.
if your a christian then you have the knowledge on how to save yourself and your family,stand up for them and if you beleive you are corect then, don,t cower!!

if you dont steal you come to a forum about hacking do you not? and if you dont do it yourslef you cant condem the act of hacking.

Lastly i do not think anything you do is wrong in anway or any other religous person so why cant the way i live my life be accepted by religous people too

two points (i'm tired lol) firstly: God's law and The law are two different things (look it up)

secondly: I'm not religious I just understand the facts (of life if you will).

:)

end of story thinks I

go(o)d night and GOD bless

engleesh

ps . I for one can go on forever on this lmao Devil I've just noticed ur post reading am I ;)

your either a scientist,or a beleiver,sceptical or non sceptical,get of the fence,
The fear is there?#
Its all our own choice!!!
but who are we to choose for our children??

Back