Put size on arms

What excercises are recommended as i want to put some size on my arms?

I have been curling weights etc but not much difference lol
think of owen and w@nk more
but make sure u allternate arms

pwen102l.jpg

Last edited:
lol

barbell curl,hammer curl,explain more what you have tried then peeps may see where you have gone wrong

thats a good weight to curl are you doing anything for your triceps? if you lock in your elbow to curl you wont cheat as much by moving back and shoulders so the weight and tension are all in the bicep

i do Seated Biceps Curl, Alternate Hammer Curl, Barbell Curl and Concentration Curls but also you have to work tricep i do Bench Dips, Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension, Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown and Pushups - Close Tricep Position and i have great guns lol i work arms only once a week gym 4 times a week

Triceps make up 2/3 of your arm size so hit them hard and you will see a big increase.

Triceps are larger than biceps. Work the biceps and then work the triceps.ie, 3 sets on the biceps, then 3 sets on the triceps, repeat that patern 3x. Only work them them once a week. Work them hard on that one day a week. Don't work out for more than an hour, aim for about 45mins. Really pump them until you are snarling like junk yard dog.

See this post by Wilson for some ideas. There are also lots of other info sites in the stikies.

Last edited:
been curling dunbells 25kg each

good advice from the other lads already about not forgetting to work your triceps too - after all, they are the larger muscle in the arm.

but for your bicep work, here's a good tip for when you're doing your curls...

do them standing with your back pressed back against a wall.

and while you doing them, keep the backs of your heels, your ass, your shoulder blades and the back of your head ALL constantly touching the wall.

doing them this way is a lot harder because it isolates the bicep muscle and won't let you 'cheat' by using any 'body swing' to get the curl up.

Is it just me or is 25Kg for a dumbell insanely heavy!?!?!?

Is it just me or is 25Kg for a dumbell insanely heavy!?!?!?

yeah thats what made me suggest using the 'curl with your back against the wall' technique - because unless you're already pretty damn strong, you're probably using some 'body swing' to get that weight up.

yeah thats what made me suggest using the 'curl with your back against the wall' technique - because unless you're already pretty damn strong, you're probably using some 'body swing' to get that weight up.

Ey, you a swinger, Naan?

I stacked it up to see what it was like and it nearly ripped my arm out of the socket - well not quite but there was no chance I was going to curl it. I remember when I got my 50Kg set and CountryBoy said that's too light.. I was like yeah whatever, do me mate, but I have outgrown that now and could do with a few extra plates.

Good technique should deffinetly be a part of your plan, Nani. Also try and exploit the explosive fibers as well as the 'power' fibers. You do that by lifting quickly, say one second, and taking say about 4 seconds to lower it.

If it's just size you are after, drink a small glass of OJ or similar before you start to help squeze extra reps out and a big glass of semi milk after if you aren't on pretein shakes.

no m8. 25kg is light enough . do sets of 5 not 10 . 6 sets .

Jezz, the king is back. Thought you'd taken a leathal dose of ass juice mate.

You're a monster though. I can't do one rep with strict form never mind 5. I can do 5 with about 15Kg, and no roids :proud:

Think people who require cardio as their main resource shouldn't be putting too much muscle on as it will only slow you down, require more oxygen intake and leave you out of breath quicker.

This topic is in the latest "Mens Health" magazine

Jezz, the king is back. Thought you'd taken a leathal dose of ass juice mate.

You're a monster though. I can't do one rep with strict form never mind 5. I can do 5 with about 15Kg, and no roids :proud:

Think people who require cardio as their main resource shouldn't be putting too much muscle on as it will only slow you down, require more oxygen intake and leave you out of breath quicker.

no m8 just im putting more time into trainning now days dont have time for browsing the net . brings back to many bad habits .lol.

so your still clean then m8 well done . i just couldnt do it i enjoy the buzz of lifting heavy and getting big .lol :banana:

Back