Puncture Safe

Kruger

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone has had this b4 but seems good thing.

My m8 put this puncture safe stuff into my tyres on my vespa yesterday and if it does what it suppossed to it should a good thing. Maybe some of the other 2 wheelers might find it useful and hopefully a bir safer for people.

it can go in car tyres etc also

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0benHE8K1U&feature=related]YouTube - Drive with safe tyres[/ame]

Can be bought from the bay ;)

edit: The utube vide chucks it halfway throgh but youll get the idea, there are other videos of fimilar products on the related vids down the side but basically do the same thing.

Last edited:
looks good idea m8, but whats it like under speed 70mph motorway speeds

cheers Kruger :) could be a life saver that

Ive ordered a bottle :) I work in a small trading estate where nails ,screws etc could be on the floor so this could save me a fortune in repairs

cheers

looks good idea m8, but whats it like under speed 70mph motorway speeds

well not sure if it a total tire fail probably only works upto certain hole size

when i got it put in mine i took it for short blast @70mph on m/way just to give it a spin and good coatin inside of the tire. but if save ppl even for slow punctures etc maybe make your tire last a be bit longer and like Rat just said could be a lifesave.

having said that now that i got it in, i wont be going about looking for nails to ride over just check to see if it works lol

check this guy with a mountain bike lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlLmy-0ZRt4&feature=related]YouTube - Stan's Tire Sealant 2[/ame]

i use slime for my mountain bike works a treat fill up the intertube any small punture and its repairs itself

I havn't used it personally but a couple of my biker mates (mostly on sports bikes) have used something similiar which is green in colour, can't remember the name of the product.

It can't help you if the puncture is in the sidewall and be aware that a lot of tyre places won't do a repair on a tyre that has had one of these products used on it.

When you get a puncture, basically the liquid is forced under pressure through the small hole and solidifies. You then get a patch of green glop to indicate you have a leak. Its does not work 100% of the time and you will most likely get some air leakage which is a good thing so you notice there is a problem, but you will need to top your air up again (you can buy disposable compressed air cartriages if you want for that).

Its enough to get you home but I would get the tyre fixed as soon as possible.

A word of caution
My Bro in law used tyre weld for a puncture on his motorbike.
A hundred miles down the road it failed and blew out.
He was killed instantly from the resultat crash.
This was 25 years ago and it was actually featured on thats life as others had accidents using this type of product.

Permanent Tyre Puncture Preventative

Motorbike Kit!

The majority of Bikers are well aware of the hazards of a high speed blowout and what a terrifying and dangerous experience it is. It's bad enough planning your trip, arranging meeting/break and "hold on - I'm lost" points etc. to get 5 mile up the road and find the slow puncture in your rear tyre is hindering progress to say the least! High speed blowouts can happen without warning, making your bike impossible to handle and putting you and your passenger in extreme danger. Slow punctures are a major cause of blowouts and are usually difficult to detect.

Installing Puncturesafe in your tyres helps to ensure that you may not be placed in a potentially life threatening situation. Puncturesafe prevents flat tyres by sealing punctures up to 6mm as they happen, creating a permanent seal for the legal life of the tyre. For larger punctures and side wall punctures, Puncturesafe will assist in a controlled deflation.

Puncturesafe will completely coat the inner surface giving your tyres a 2 - 3 mm thick liquid inner tube which maintains your tyre pressures(making them last longer!), while the synthetic fibres contained within the compound are on guard ready to deal with any punctures. Puncturesafe remains liquid for the entire life of the tyre and, by coating the inner surfaces, conditions the casing, stops porosity leaks, punctures and controls most blowouts. Puncturesafe has been tested for road use up to speeds of 156 MPH and for 50,000 miles.

@IanB

This is NOT a foam or a get you home product! Get your bike protected today!

No mate its 100% safe for the legal life of the tyre

more info for people that are interested :)

Testimonials Received about Puncturesafe - Tyre Life Extender / Conditioner and Permanent Puncture Repairer

November 2005, after a 12 month trial period, Puncturesafe UK was awarded a sizeable contract to supply our permanent puncture preventative to Royal Mail Group. We can now proudly announce that in January 2007 we have been awarded a substantial national contract as the “sole supplier” of puncture preventatives to the whole Royal Mail 32,000 vehicle fleet.

if you get a puncture in a sidewall it cant be repaired anyway so a new tyre is needed

if you get a puncture thats repairable this will fix it so no need for a repair :)

More info can be read here
About Puncturesafe

What I was saying is that it will not prevent a puncture in the sidewall AFAIK.

I would also only consider this a temp repair. I am sure they have done lots of testing but if the product is that good then why don't tyre manufactures put it in as standard ?

.this reminds me off the runflat tyre u get. if u get a nail or ablow out on the motorway it should be alright untill u get home or to your nearest garage but u then would have to change the tyre as its not recommended u repair runflat tyres if punctured. people could put this in there tyre not knowin it actually has one or a couple nails in it and if going up the motorway it could do more damage on the inside cause it has weakend the tyre. it could have its uses for certain things like motorbikes cause more chance dyin if u were going fast and u got a blow out but i still wouldnt trust it. i work in a garage sellin tyres and fixin them and not to sure about this but i havent looked too much into it as ive only just noticed this post but i will when i go back after hols and some off the reps from the big tyre companys ill ask about it and what they think. i would rather a spare wheel than this in my tyres but everyones different

.this reminds me off the runflat tyre u get. if u get a nail or ablow out on the motorway it should be alright untill u get home or to your nearest garage .

selling point

Puncturesafe prevents flat tyres by sealing punctures up to 6mm as they happen, creating a permanent seal for the legal life of the tyre.

What I was saying is that it will not prevent a puncture in the sidewall AFAIK.
I would also only consider this a temp repair. I am sure they have done lots of testing but if the product is that good then why don't tyre manufactures put it in as standard ?

For larger punctures and side wall punctures, Puncturesafe will assist in a controlled deflation

I'm only quoting what is written on there website(s) Ive only just ordered it so not got it installed yet,so not got any punchers

but if it don't do what it says then I will be asking for a refund and if I'm injured in any way I'll be suing the arse off them

if the product is that good then why don't tyre manufactures put it in as standard ?

because they wouldent sell as many tyres ?

if you get a puncture in a sidewall it cant be repaired anyway so a new tyre is needed

if you get a puncture thats repairable this will fix it so no need for a repair :)

More info can be read here
About Puncturesafe

Ahh but how often do you get a nail in the side wall? unless some little git sticks it in there....

btw if you are going to put the stuff inside your tyres you will need to get them balanced as it will throw out this and then you will have to replace the tyres more often..

see another conspiracy lol

rat u sure u dont work for them sellin this product lol

i dont wanna comment to much on this cause i would have heard about this in my work but im going to look into it when i go back but once u get it and use it. it would be good to c if u found it any good (only if u get a puncture that is) cause ive been stung afew times coming back from airport and that early in the morning and having a puncture.

Back