Psu

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi can a faulty PSU stop one of the tuners from working correctly.Just spoke to supplier of box and recons its caused by a faulty PSU.?

Hi can a faulty PSU stop one of the tuners from working correctly.Just spoke to supplier of box and recons its caused by a faulty PSU.?

still going round in circles..no clues how to fix.I don't want to send box back but seems i have no choice.what i don't get is that both tuners show up in about and B works fine.so how can it be affected by PSU...

It is worth trying a new PSU but to me it does from what you say sound like a hardware problem.

What happens if you only configure and connect a feed to A does it start working?

It is worth trying a new PSU but to me it does from what you say sound like a hardware problem.

What happens if you only configure and connect a feed to A does it start working?

Hello,no does not work on single feed.
The tuner is there and both show in About,but when you scan channels no matter the config it scans 0.
When i look in config search a single satellite it has 0 SNR
tuner B scans 972 channels and 99% SNR,I have changed feeds but the same...
I had dish checked yesterday and LNB as the dual feed was only installed yesterday .It is the same outcome on 10 different images

many thanks for your help.

I would just send it back m8,why should you have to do all this running around?

at a guess is it a chinese vu duo clone with a known problem with second tuner?

I would just send it back m8,why should you have to do all this running around?

Yes i am going to have to..told seller i wanted it exchanged as i wanted a reliable box but got the no more in stock crap.. but recons its an easy fix..I know it happens but i am not happy.saved my money had a new LNB and the dual feed installed brought a new box and its all gone pear shape.so hopefully this time next week it will all be sorted.

at a guess is it a chinese vu duo clone with a known problem with second tuner?

yes it is a clone but i knew nothing about second tuner problems being well known..soon as its fixed i am going to get rid and buy a genuine.

wise choice like comparing a rolls royce to a mini,not the same,going for the solo2 or duo2? [originals] i hope lol using the solo2 in main room and duo in the bedroom.

think box needs a new board as tuners are not removable,any rust on yours lol

Last edited:
wise choice like comparing a rolls royce to a mini,not the same,going for the solo2 or duo2? [originals] i hope lol using the solo2 in main room and duo in the bedroom.

think box needs a new board as tuners are not removable,any rust on yours lol

no mate no rust..it was working perfect but flashed an image lost a tuner..now is the same on any image.

there were a few horror pics of internals on a clone duo that came from china,how people were not killed or houses burnt down as boxes were stored under a leaky roof and sold on i dont know,so for others if you bought a clone pay cheap and pay thrice.

there were a few horror pics of internals on a clone duo that came from china,how people were not killed or houses burnt down as boxes were stored under a leaky roof and sold on i dont know,so for others if you bought a clone pay cheap and pay thrice.

Yep preaching to the converted ref VU the box is my main source of entertainment as i dont go out much so i need a totally reliable box..I have had a dm800se clone for a long time and is fantastic has never let me down.

Back