PS4 33% more powerful than 720

best part about it, AMD/ATI end up as the winner for supplying both consoles. No one is picking Nvidia

Always wondered how AMD win the contracts to provide the CPU's, GPU i can understand but CPU? surely Intel want a piece of the pie?

it will be how much they are charging for their chips more than who's chip is the best.

I think intel are more aligned to servers and desktops where as ATI are interesting in gaming. Different markets.

You know, all the 3rd party games are going to look similar anyway. The developer's tend not to like completely redoing graphics for multiple consoles.

I'm going to wait a bit on both systems. I need more than a few games to sell me on a console that's probably going to be very pricey.

I think intel are more aligned to servers and desktops where as ATI are interesting in gaming. Different markets.

Hmm not sure buddy, as far as processors go, a top i7 unfortunately trounces any chip amd have to offer in gaming performance, which is a shame as I am an amd fan, haven't ever built an intel rig

It's probably to do with amd being more willing to put more time and resources in and of course charging a lot less for the chip in the consoles whilst still being about to get a competitive performance out of it

You know, all the 3rd party games are going to look similar anyway. The developer's tend not to like completely redoing graphics for multiple consoles.

I'm going to wait a bit on both systems. I need more than a few games to sell me on a console that's probably going to be very pricey.

Me too, totally agree

Hmm not sure buddy, as far as processors go, a top i7 unfortunately trounces any chip amd have to offer in gaming performance, which is a shame as I am an amd fan, haven't ever built an intel rig

It's probably to do with amd being more willing to put more time and resources in and of course charging a lot less for the chip in the consoles whilst still being about to get a competitive performance out of it

I built an i7 rig a while ago and there no doubt it is a fast processor, I find that for most games the i7 is just ticking over and not at all pushed. The only thing that really pushes my i7 is Premiere Pro video endcoding or Blender 3D. I think games are getting more dependent on higher GPU power than CPU power. I often wander what rigs we will have in 10 years time!

I was at a clients house last week and he has a flight simulator rigged up in his study, the PC was the biggest machine I have ever seen, it was a work of art.

I am going back there on Tuesday I will take a picture of this beast, but let me tell you it was about the size of 4 towers.

I can't imagine what processors was inside or graphics cards but he had 4 screens running of this thing!

Mick

Sent from my iPhone.

I was at a clients house last week and he has a flight simulator rigged up in his study, the PC was the biggest machine I have ever seen, it was a work of art.

I am going back there on Tuesday I will take a picture of this beast, but let me tell you it was about the size of 4 towers.

I can't imagine what processors was inside or graphics cards but he had 4 screens running of this thing!

Mick

Sent from my iPhone.

Slightly off topic but cool none the less Silicon Graphics Octane III released around 2009 / 2010 :)

Octane III (Deskside Super Computer) :-

wlur.jpg

Memory: Supports upto 2TB
CPU(s) : Supports upto 20 x Intel Xeon quad or six-core core 5500 or 5600s
GPU compute cards: NVIDIA® TeslaTM C2050 or C2070
Storage: Upto 24TB SAS or SATAII drives
Network: GigE or InfiniBand (QDR)
PSU(s) : 2 x 1000w

I wonder if it could play Sims 3 :p
lol

Back