ps3 under £300

These new ones lose their PS2 backwards compatabilty.

Considering on PAL/Euro models it was software emulation anyway I think it's rotten tomatoes on Sony to pull this on everyone.

Screw Sony ;)

These new ones lose their PS2 backwards compatabilty.

Considering on PAL/Euro models it was software emulation anyway I think it's rotten tomatoes on Sony to pull this on everyone.

Screw Sony ;)

i agree with that but as stated in my original post it is a revised version!

Quality!!!this is what i was waiting for a price cut!!!!im happy i didnt pay for a secound hand one from Shtbay!!!
the funny thing is that on shtbay no one has reduced there prices.

I'm not buying into this! Prices in US are way cheaper and still a higher spec.

Its a scam to say they have lowered the price because they have lowered the spec as well!

I have not bothered upgrading to a PS3 because I simply think it would be a waste of money! After all the best part of £600 for a games console!!! Sod That...

What's the point in releasing a revised version of it though at a lower price, by removing this and that then really it's no longer a PS3 just another console that looks the same???

Removing PS2 compatibility is what will kill off that idea!

For sony to do this then overall sales in the UK cannot be good, it ain't even been on the market that long over here. :(

Argos are advertising in the press today

PS3 60GB + 2 of the following games for £349.95

Resistance Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Heavenly Sword
Formula 1

or

PS3 40GB + 1 of the following games for £324.98 or 2 games for £349.97

Sega Rally
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Tennis 3
Sonic The Hedgehog

Amazon doing some good deals on the 60 gig version

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-Premium-Version/dp/B0007SV734/ref=pd_ts_c_th_1/026-2644632-7546865?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=right-3&pf_rd_r=0A05VXBBG1FKPJWZ100M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=114337991&pf_rd_i=16423381[/ame]

I'm a bit disappointed in the new 60GB bundles as they all seem to have dropped the extra controller. In fact all the new packages work out more expensive than the Woollies August bank holiday deal and Amazon's deal works out only £22 less than yesterday.

True they've dropped in price but I was expecting a £50-£75 drop so I'm a little underwhelmed.

hmv in town had some cheap offers on too so the missus says seems alot of places are dropping there prices.

do u think there will be another price drop by christmas?

how long do u think it will be till we r paying the same as the americans are just now?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Blockbuster deal instore

is £349 for
60gb ps3
fifa 08
and 2 games from

Resiatance Fall of Man
Formula One
Genji
Motorstorm
Ridge Racer 7
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword

I think thats a good deal and will probably get it over the weekend.

I'm a bit disappointed in the new 60GB bundles as they all seem to have dropped the extra controller. In fact all the new packages work out more expensive than the Woollies August bank holiday deal and Amazon's deal works out only £22 less than yesterday.

True they've dropped in price but I was expecting a £50-£75 drop so I'm a little underwhelmed.

Virgin Megastores are offering the extra controller plus 2 selected games for £349.

i suppose one positive thing is it reduces the cost of getting into
Hi-Def TV / Gaming .............

i suppose one positive thing is it reduces the cost of getting into
Hi-Def TV / Gaming .............

You can get High Definition gaming for a lot less than that!

Sony are panicing as they know they've lost the war with Xbox 360.

aye mate probably

is any1 going to get the revised ps3 or the 60GB ps3 i'm going for the 60GB ps3 asap to go with me new tele :):)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

yeah might aswell pay that extra £50 well worth it, some off the packages work out cheaper to get 60g version then a 40gig version thats weird! (or abt£10/20 diffrence)

I'm gonna get the 60gb £349 version from virgin.
2 games and 2 pads and console.
just ordered a virgin credit card, which will get me 10 % off!

Hope they don`t sell out before I get my card (in 7-10 days time).

Back