PS3 Repair Warranty Serial

makaveli9

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a broken 40gb ps3 with a faulty bluray drive but i have a serial for a ps3 slim which is in warranty.
If i call sony and give them the slim serial do you reckon that they will swap it at the door.

I saw a serial floating about a while ago but cant seem to find it.
Anyone had any experiance with this guys?
Thanks

Last edited:

jeuz

Inactive User
Reaction score
when the courier took mine he checked the serial, not sure if thats the norm or not.

astra99

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive done it a couple of times in the past, always worked for me, i exchanged an old 60gb for the new 250gb slim, courier just exchanged at the door, sony tell u that the courier will check the serial but they never have with me, just give it a try u have got nothing to lose and could end up with a new slim model, let us know how u get on

dont tell them that its a faulty blu ray though, cos they will just take it away and repair, u need to tell them it has ylod

makaveli9

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive done it a couple of times in the past, always worked for me, i exchanged an old 60gb for the new 250gb slim, courier just exchanged at the door, sony tell u that the courier will check the serial but they never have with me, just give it a try u have got nothing to lose and could end up with a new slim model, let us know how u get on

dont tell them that its a faulty blu ray though, cos they will just take it away and repair, u need to tell them it has ylod

What did you tell sony about what was wrong with the slim console?

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got a 60gb her that is ylod do they deffo check the serial and i would have to say its a new model wouldnt i as they have not been made for years

makaveli9

Inactive User
Reaction score

Didnt work for me courier checked the number at the end it was the wrong one so i suppose if i swap stickers of the serial it should work :)

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
what did they say when they checked the serial

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
so if i got a new serial of my sisters ps3 and stook that on mine would that work ?

also would they be able to block her console using that serial if they found out

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
which department or number do i ring for this and does the courier check the warrenty seal at all or just the serial

Last edited:
TEST