PS3 Receipt

Falkirk_Bairn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey, can anyone give me a copy or make me a ps3 receipt roughly 18 months old?

Blue ray drive is fooked and sony need proof of purchase.

I did buy it but can't bloody find it anywhere.

Isn't the serial number of the machine linked to the purchase date and retailer?

I say this because when I phoned Sony over a broken PS2, they asked from my serial number and they could tell me when and where I bought it.

The guy did ask where i bought it from (Asda) so might get caught out.

Should be fixing it for free anyway, £300 odd quid for the thing to last 18 month!

Might phone again and try my luck with someone else!

The serial number could only give Sony a date of manufacture.

It could be sat in a warehouse for ages before it is shipped to a retailer, then it might be sat in their stock room for ages, until it finally gets sold.

This is why they ask for proof of purchase

I thought it was a 12 month warranty on the PS3 not 18 months?

The serial number could only give Sony a date of manufacture.

I bought a 2nd hand PS2 from a car boot sale.

It played DVD's but didn't play games, so I phone Sonys people.

SONY CS team asked me for my serial number.

I told them the serial number and they told me it was bought from Currys in Hamilton, they then gave me the date and time of purchase.

Much more info can be embedded in the serial number than you think, obviously this depends on the stores system, all they need to do is scan the incoming product then when they scan it on purchase they will know when and where it was sold.

Epson service centres can also check a rough date of purchase with the serial
as i took mine in to one without the reciept and they just fed it into an online thing and showed up as in warrenty.

Might be worth taking a look at the sale of goods act

Sale of Goods Act Fact Sheet - BIS

Q7. Do I have to produce a receipt to claim my rights?
No. In fact the trader doesn't have to give you a receipt in the first place so it would be unfair to say that you had to produce one. However, it might not be unreasonable for the shop to want some proof of purchase, so look to see if you have a cheque stub, bank statement, credit card slip etc., and this should be sufficient.

Consumer Direct - Sale of Goods Act 1979

I expect they knew the details of purchase from the serial number due to the guarantee card that some people return that asks for the purchase details and serial number. Was probably then entered into the sony computer system.

I bought my PS3 brand new for a very reasonable price from a fella who drinks in our local about 2 years ago.

After about 3 months the Bluray fooked up so I thought, what the hell I'll ring Sony. I can't remember exactly what they asked me, but I got a new one sent out and just returned the old one to the currier. I never had to produce any proof of purchase.

I bought my PS3 brand new for a very reasonable price from a fella who drinks in our local about 2 years ago.

After about 3 months the Bluray fooked up so I thought, what the hell I'll ring Sony. I can't remember exactly what they asked me, but I got a new one sent out and just returned the old one to the currier. I never had to produce any proof of purchase.

as you said it was 2 years ago, ps3's hadn't even been out for a year then so all were under the 1yr warranty. Having said that they were replacing out of warranty consoles up until Feb this yr as a goodwill gesture, then they changed their policy.....

On a slightly different note i was on the ps3 forums and one of the posters had written to Watchdog in regards to the YLOD. They got back in touch with him/her to ask for more details/info and read same thing on another ps3 forum so hopefully Watchdog will thoroughly investigate this....

yes i read the watchdog thing on the forums too, seems like they maybe looking into the problem.

in the meantime, anyone who has a faulty ps3 that they bought from gamestation. they are replacing the faulty 60gb models with brandnew 80gbs, they are doing this without asking any questions. you need to provide proof of purchase, either receipt or credit card statement with the purchase on it.

since game and gamestation are the same company, then u should be able to get the same result at game

woo hoo got ma new ps3 from gamestation they wanted proof of purchase even though i was out of warranty and sony wasnt interested they still managed to give me a 80 gb with a dual shock controller..had to read them the sales of goods act though....worked like a charm

woo hoo got ma new ps3 from gamestation they wanted proof of purchase even though i was out of warranty and sony wasnt interested they still managed to give me a 80 gb with a dual shock controller..had to read them the sales of goods act though....worked like a charm

i know, i can rest in the knowledge that i got mine from gamestation and still have the receipt.

btw shug, i cant remember my psn password and will need to reset it. so i will get it too u asap

no matter what you purchase even tho it says you get a 12 month warrenty if you tell them were in the eu you must get a 2 year warrenty on anything you purchase and thats the law

Back