Ps3 on ofw 4.21... Anything i can do to play a backup?

PAUL7331

Inactive User
Reaction score
Borrowed my mates PS3 just to play 'the last of us'.. now before I go and rent/buy, is there a way to get a backup of this bad boy running? Can I downgrade to 3.55 cfw for example?

It's an old PHAT ps3 so I'm 98% sure it shipped with a FW lower than 3.55. So, what can I do with it?

It's an old PHAT ps3 so I'm 98% sure it shipped with a FW lower than 3.55. So, what can I do with it?

If it old phat one, like you said should be lower than 3.55. Needs to be downgraded to 3.55,here is a table to tell you what you need to downgrade phat ps3:

Phat type ps3’s

CECHAxx (OK To Downgrade) NAND = Progskeet / TEENSY++ 2.0 / InFeCtuS

CECHBxx(OK To Downgrade) NAND = Progskeet / TEENSY++ 2.0 / InFeCtuS

CECHCxx(OK To Downgrade) NAND = Progskeet / TEENSY++ 2.0 / InFeCtuS

CECHExx (OK To Downgrade) NAND = Progskeet / TEENSY++ 2.0 / InFeCtuS

CECHGxx (OK To Downgrade) NAND = Progskeet / TEENSY++ 2.0 / InFeCtuS

CECHHxx(OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ 2.0 / Progskeet / E3 Flasher

CECHJxx (OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ 2.0 / Progskeet / E3 Flasher

CECHKxx (OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ 2.0 / Progskeet / E3 Flasher

CECHLxx (OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ 2.0 / Progskeet / E3 Flasher

CECHMxx(OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ 2.0 / Progskeet / E3 Flasher

CECHPxx (OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ 2.0 / Progskeet / E3 Flasher

CECHQxx (OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ 2.0 / Progskeet / E3 Flasher

DECHAxx (OK to Downgrade)

The process of downgrading is not a simple one though you need a progskeet or e3 nand flasher not something you would really wanting to do with a borrowed

The process of downgrading is not a simple one though you need a progskeet or e3 nand flasher not something you would really wanting to do with a borrowed

Oh, so I would have to purchase additional equipment to downgrade it? how much we talking?

Oh, so I would have to purchase additional equipment to downgrade it? how much we talking?
Probably about £100 for the flasher plus your need a e3 usb reader for the downgrade process to I think
Which you could buy a ps3 for a lot cheaper already on cfw

I'll try and source a slim PS3 then on CFW I reckon.... What do these go for second hand nowadays?

Back