i have turned off web safe is there anything more i can do to help streaming run smoothly ?

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondered is there anything more I can do to get the best out of my broadband so it runs better when im streaming movies , im with with virgin media

thanx

What are you streaming in? I use a fire stick and bought the adaptor so that I can hardwire the internet rather than rely on the wi-fi. You can download an App Virminmedia connect which tests the wi-fi output for different rooms in your house. May be worth a try.

thanx for replying Trabbs im using a android box using apks , I find when I try streaming a big file it buffers a lot , im on 100 meg , I would have thought it would be ok to stream a 4 k movie ? , I just wondered have virgin put anything in to stop me doing it ?

just phones , im just asking is there anything in the hub settings or anything that can inprove my streaming , im sure I read a long time ago you could alter things in the hub settings to get better streaming ? or maybe im just dreaming lol ...

just phones , im just asking is there anything in the hub settings or anything that can inprove my streaming , im sure I read a long time ago you could alter things in the hub settings to get better streaming ? or maybe im just dreaming lol ...
Nothing that I am aware of. I am VM and have no particular problems streaming. Does your android box need software update?

I am on virgin 100m and use hard wired connection on my android device and stream 4K 40-60gb movies using Kodi addons but with a real debrid account and have no problems.
It could be to do with the stream source and nothing to do with your equipment or hardware.
I find that the real debrid streams are way better than the free ones especially on larger files, so I would never go back to using free ones now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thanyou for the replys I guess its just the stream source

A few years ago Astra 2's footprint was tightened up and Spain & Portugal lost the freesat TV channels. Suddenly thousands of people clamoured to get their free iptv telly - for free. The facebook groups were full of it, at the end of the day it was sh*t. Some 'paid' providers came along and their offerings were generally better than the free options but popular programmes still buffer from time to time, I'm glad I never got involved.

Back