PS3 Loses Internet Connection

m4rkone

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a PS3 and he says he can connect wireless to the internet but after a while he keeps on losing the connection. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it.
He has a Belkin router

Is it a Tiscali connection? if it is then Tiscali have issues when certain bandwidth is reached on certain connections - they do something which forces change on their system and this is tripping out the online gaming.

I read this online where Tiscali were apologising about it.

If it isn't Tiscali then it might be the same thing happening so it might be worth contacting the ISP and querying it.

I've never had issues with mine and i'm with NTHell - and that's saying sommat!

Is it a Tiscali connection? if it is then Tiscali have issues when certain bandwidth is reached on certain connections - they do something which forces change on their system and this is tripping out the online gaming.

I read this online where Tiscali were apologising about it.

If it isn't Tiscali then it might be the same thing happening so it might be worth contacting the ISP and querying it.

I've never had issues with mine and i'm with NTHell - and that's saying sommat!

Thanks for your reply. They are on NTHell

Is he losing the internet connection completely or is the PS3 just losing the internet connection? What are the symptoms?

The PS3 just seems to drop the connection for some reason. He is wondering if it has something to do with security setting issues ?

The PS3 just seems to drop the connection for some reason. He is wondering if it has something to do with security setting issues ?

If hes using a router then he should set the PS3 in the DMZ of the router then restart the router to take the new settings. This should sort any connection problems out.

Back