PS3 FTP Server Released

ok has anyone tryed to load a game that they have downloaded and does it work ?

The games do work mate with the internal drive and its gets past the 4gb limit some games require.
Its just a case of downloading the games now and transfering them with the ftp program to the internal ps3 harddrive.
Happy days ahead guys.

ok this is way past my expertease but can you ftp over wifi but not connect to the net on the ps3 ?

ok this is way past my expertease but can you ftp over wifi but not connect to the net on the ps3 ?

There are lots of technical ways to acheive this but it might be easier and quicker to just pull the power on your modem ! unless you have an ADSL all in one router modem, in which case you will have to go the more technical route.

or yet again depending on your router restrict internet access to the ps 3

not currently no.. maybe in the future..

can you ftp iso's or would you need to open the iso with winiso for example and copy the contents of the image into a sub folder within that main GAMEZ folder?

I was going to sell my ps3 but may hold off for a while now, see how this hack comes along in the next few weeks :)

also does it work on all firmwares upto 3.42 as my console is on 3.1 and when i try to update online it wants me to install the non hackable 3.42 :(

you can get 3.41 on newsgroup and torrent sites and update via usb

ISOs dont work the 1s u see on the net cant be used, need to use Jailbreak RIPS...

you can download 3.41 off the net anywhere and update through USB as dangled says... the usb dongle hack wont work unless you are on 3.41

Thanx for the replies

do you think we'll ever see other OS functionality re enabled? Or would that go way beyond what the jailbreak can do? That would really upset Sony then lol

Thanx for the replies

do you think we'll ever see other OS functionality re enabled? Or would that go way beyond what the jailbreak can do? That would really upset Sony then lol

With Peek and Poke level commands being possible you never know ;-)

I thought I would share my FTP experiences with you guys.

First I tried Filezilla because it was free, but it did not work then I got Ws_FTP pro from usenet, it is a 300+ day old version that does not require a hack or crack because it was the corporate edition and it just installed, this works an absolute charm with the PS3 FTP server.

I have directly connected my PS3 to my laptop using 1Gbit ethernet, but realistically it runs at around 150~200 Mbit (Roughly 18 MBytes per second) when copying a game over, this allowed me to copy over 7GB transformers in around 5 or so mins :)

I am connected wirelessly to my network so both my laptop and ps3 are on the network wirelessly. How do i setup so i can transfer the files to ps3 via ethernet cable to speed things up please?

I am connected wirelessly to my network so both my laptop and ps3 are on the network wirelessly. How do i setup so i can transfer the files to ps3 via ethernet cable to speed things up please?

What ever IP addy your PS3 has now, Manually lock it to that address, then do the same with your laptop, turn off wifi on both devices and then connect them directly together with an ethernet cable, to get the 1Gbps speeds your laptop will need a 1Gps ethernet port ! (A lot of newer laptops have this)

Back