PS3 FTP Server Released

It is an FTP Server for the PS3, with it, on a retail with your choice of "hack" to enable unsigned code it allows:

• Full Read/Write access to all of "dev_hdd0" (including save areas, games, VM etc)
• Full Read/Write access to "dev_flash2" and "dev_flash3"
• Full Read/Write access to connected usb devices
• Full Read access to "dev_flash"
• Full Read access to "dev_bdvd"

To use:

Connect with your choice of FTP client - Prefered is the old "ftp" from the command line, however Filezilla seems to work, allowing only one connection, and disabling PASV support.

Furthermore, the Server does not support some commands (like rename, of all things!) so make sure what you do counts!

Use the IP shown on the screen - make sure to have your net connection up and running before hand (wired is so much faster)

Connect to that IP, port 21, use the username: FTPD12345, and whatever password you like. I could have removed the username check in the library, but I'm lazy!

Be careful, some of the flash contents ARE writable , nobody is responsible for what you do to your PS3 but you!

Limitations:

• Can not write to dev_flash
• Can not rename files
• Buggy as hell (randomly crashes, blame Sony!)
• Files > 4GB increments show as the difference, for example a 6GB file shows as "2gb", or a 11gb file shows as 3gb - It will download, well past 100% , just let it keep going!

Finally, this app was coded quickly, by someone who can't code for the life of him. It mostly uses provided API's, and the GUI is based off of a sample - but, it gets the job done.

Furthermore a tiny, tiny, super tiny bit of editing was done to the library to allow full access to the entire system, and the hack enabled the rest! Enjoy!

happy days, means we can copy games to the internal drive now.

has anyone tryed it yet or is it just another hoax also i really need to understand this rapid share thing i can never download from it lol

works a treat just upload just cause 2 to the internal drive took around 10 mins and did the game update and all ok

happy days :)

works a treat just upload just cause 2 to the internal drive took around 10 mins and did the game update and all ok

happy days :)

can u copy the games from the internal drive also??

This couldn't have come at a better time for me, I am just fitting a new internal 1Tb drive, now I just need to fill it !

were did u get a 1tb 2.5" drive, that fits in the ps3. or are u using a 3.5" attached via a cable

:( I was unable to fit my new drive, although it is 2.5" it is also around 3mm taller than standard, and wont go in :(

I only just saw your post deedie, where were you when I was ordering the damn thing

yep, 9.5mm is the maximum without seriously butchering your ps3.

now thats a very good deal. if i didnt already have 2 500gb ps3's then i would be jumping all over a pair of these

Back