PS2 online solved with backup games

stedeer

Inactive User
Reaction score
PS2 online solved with backup games

hi all

i saw this thread on another forum and tried it formyself and it works.

you need a certain software that will read the Id from the orignal online game.

you will get something like this

C5.8B.01.40.D4

The first three bytes are the id that's authenticated. (there's like 16 million possibilities) "C5.8B.01"

The fourth byte is the region byte. "40"

The fifth is NOT authenticated, it can be anything. It seems that all the games of a specific title carry the same last byte. However other games from the same company can also carry the same last byte. What it is and specifically what it's used for is not really clear right now. " D4"

Now, what does all this mean? It means you can just use ANY valid ID in ANY software and it'll run. To be "more correct" you could use the first four bytes of a valid id and then the byte that's common for that title for the ending byte. It's not currently necessary, but that byte is there for a reason so it's prudent to use it. No need to hunt for ids if you already have a valid id! (though if you have a correct valid id for the particular title you are interested in then it's probably a good idea to use it)

imagine the id is put to some sort of test to see if it's a valid id or not (i.e. a mathmatical algorithm of some sort), and there are something like 16 million possibilities, but I have heard that some have had success just guessing at ids and it doesn't seem to take them long to find one -> and once they find one then it's good for any game.

i downloaded the software and read the Disc ID eg.

on my orignal disc of twisted metal black online the disc id was
for example

02.32.00.40.44 (not real id)

then i copied syphon filter wich was

C5.8B.01.40.D4 (not real id)

Then i rewrote the id from twisted metal black onto the Syphon filter game,
but leaving the orginal last 2 digitd the same. eg.

02.32.00.40.D4 (xx.xx.xx.40.D4)

that way as long i do not play twisted metal black as the same time as syphon filter. the DNAS will not fail.

i have tried it on these games and they all work, all past the DNAS and am able to play online.

Twisted Metal Black Online
Syphon Filter 2 - Omega strain
Destruction Derby Arenas

all work ok

if you need any help please pm me and i will help you out.

but please check this site out which will explain on how to obtain the id and how to change the id before you copy the game.

h**p://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps2-line-chat/

and i have a chipped playstaion 2 with the messiah chip installed
which i do not disable when i want to play.

nitro

Back