Proxy war could soon turn to direct conflict, analysts warn

I know for sure it happens to be a fact 92%

In that case, the other figures you quoted(for 1000/barrels per day) are way wrong. A knowledge of simple arithmetic should make this obvious.

EDIT: Found the correct figure. It's 17%

"Canada is the single largest foreign supplier of energy to the United States--providing 17% of U.S. oil imports and 18% of U.S. natural gas demand."

source:http://canada.usembassy.gov/content/textonly.asp?section=can_usa&document=canusarelations

Last edited:
In that case, the other figures you quoted(for 1000/barrels per day) are way wrong. A knowledge of simple arithmetic should make this obvious.

EDIT: Found the correct figure. It's 17%

"Canada is the single largest foreign supplier of energy to the United States--providing 17% of U.S. oil imports and 18% of U.S. natural gas demand."

source:http://canada.usembassy.gov/content/textonly.asp?section=can_usa&document=canusarelations

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries
July 2007 Import Highlights: Released on September 17, 2007
Preliminary monthly data on the origins of crude oil imports in July 2007 has been released and it shows that one country has exported more than 1.50 million barrels per day to the United States. Including that country, a total of four countries exported over 1.00 million barrels per day of crude oil to the United States (see table below). The top five exporting countries accounted for 68 percent of United States crude oil imports in July while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 86 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top sources of US crude oil imports for July were Canada (1.797 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.469 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1.434 million barrels per day), Venezuela (1.167 million barrels per day), Nigeria (0.890 million barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Algeria (0.520 million barrels per day), Iraq (0.460 million barrels per day), Angola (0.392 million barrels per day), Colombia (0.207 million barrels per day), and Kuwait (0.197 million barrels per day. Total crude oil imports averaged 9,901 million barrels per day in July, which is a decrease of (0.082) million barrels per day from June 2007.

Canada remained the largest exporter of total petroleum in July, exporting 2.317 million barrels per day to the United States, which was a decrease from last month (2.375 thousand barrels per day). The second largest exporter of total petroleum was Mexico with 1.605 million barrels per day.

Now let me tell you a FACT 92% of us oil comes from Canada,Mexico,Saudi Arabia ,Venezuela,Nigeria and what they produce i.e the gulf , texas ect

92% of American oil imports comes from Canada

Now let me tell you a FACT 92% of us oil comes from Canada,Mexico,Saudi Arabia ,Venezuela,Nigeria and what they produce i.e the gulf , texas ect

Make your mind up m8 ;)

We're digressing again Lol

The point of this thread is Britain and America are potentially going to come into direct conflict with Iran. I as a British citizen don't recall being asked if I wanted this ...

Lol, you got there before me. Look herbie, I don't give a toss what the figures are, but if you're going to quote figures please make sure they're accurate.

I was replying to this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite786
it is a financial gain, OIL the biggest commodity in the east and they are sucking the supplying right off the rightful owners the iraqis!

read somewhere that a oil pipeline has been built from Iraq to Isreal. will try and find this link and post it here.

92% of American oil imports comes from Canada which is the largest followed by,Mexico and the Gulf,Venezuela,Nigeria .As you can see very little come from Iraq
Jan - July 2006
Thousand Barrels per Day

CANADA 2,250
MEXICO 1,784
SAUDI ARABIA 1,442
VENEZUELA 1,455
NIGERIA 1,171
ALGERIA 606
RUSSIA 349
IRAQ 553
ANGOLA 501
UNITED KINGDOM 294
VIRGIN ISLANDS 305
COLOMBIA 185
KUWAIT 165
BRAZIL 177
LIBYA 81
Then you cut my post short and posted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie
92% of American oil imports comes from Canada.
Jan - July 2006
Thousand Barrels per Day

CANADA 2,250
MEXICO 1,784
SAUDI ARABIA 1,442
VENEZUELA 1,455
NIGERIA 1,171
ALGERIA 606
RUSSIA 349
IRAQ 553
ANGOLA 501
UNITED KINGDOM 294
VIRGIN ISLANDS 305
COLOMBIA 185
KUWAIT 165
BRAZIL 177
LIBYA 81

Don't think 92% is quite right.
@English
Why would you think that the US, British or any other government needs to ask your permission for anything

:arrrr: I give up. I'll go and find a brick wall to bang my head against instead!

:night:

Very interesting reading this debate as i know f all about politics lol and always good to learn but can people please stop the insults at each other. we are adults and this is an open forum.

like to see the debate carry on tho.

.....then rolls-royce developed our own balistic missile to carry the warhead. it was called "blue streek" and was superior to the american equivelent.

then that treasonous bitch Thatcher came to power and scrapped it !

The UK ballistic missile program was actually cancelled long before the Thatcher years (1959 ish I think) although the 1st stage launch vehicle did survive as part of the ill fated Europa project. (show my age now - I actually worked at the Spadeadam test site). Europa was also eventually scrapped due to arguments amongst the european partners after several spectacular failures in the 2nd (french) and 3rd (German) stages.

Interestingly, blue streak was actually a joint UK/US venture to develop a medium range ballistic missile (1,500-2,000 miles) for launch from the UK mainland. The US only offerings were long range (4,500+ miles) missiles which were, at the time, considered inappropriate for siting in Europe.

The reason the missile was scrapped was because costs had multiplied to nearly 10 times the initial estimates and progress was excrutiatingly slow making the whole concept obsolete before it even worked (The UK didn't grab any of the top tier German rocket scientists after the end of WWII so were at least 5 yeasrs behing in comparison to US/Russia in missile development).

The concept of using a Lox/Kerosene motor as a rapid response ICBM was severely flawed from the offset due to the 15 minute fuelling time. By the time any of these missiles could of been brought to launch status they would likely of been a pile of ash !

now back to the thread lads............if the US attacks Iran, whats will the US do,

1. annihilate the entire population of nearly 70 mils, when they cann't control Iraq with a population of 20 mils and 10 years of sanctions prior to attack to wear them down.

2. bomb the nuclear plant - and what will the Iran airforce/army be doing drinking tea and eating cakes and will Iran be justified to attack mainland US because a state of war will then exist between the US and Iran.

3. involve all of the UN partners (most of which live in Europe) to do the fighting on behalf of the US, who will orchestrate from afar and the UN partners live on the doorstep of Iran

4. Fook everything up in the Middle east so that there economies and infrastructure is shot to hell so that US and partner companies can make back-hand deals with any installed government to rebuilt the countries

5. In the meantime, what will Russia, China and India be doing?????

92% of American oil imports comes from Canada which is the largest followed by,Mexico and the Gulf,Venezuela,Nigeria .As you can see very little come from Iraq
Jan - July 2006
Thousand Barrels per Day

CANADA 2,250
MEXICO 1,784
SAUDI ARABIA 1,442
VENEZUELA 1,455
NIGERIA 1,171
ALGERIA 606
RUSSIA 349
IRAQ 553
ANGOLA 501
UNITED KINGDOM 294
VIRGIN ISLANDS 305
COLOMBIA 185
KUWAIT 165
BRAZIL 177
LIBYA 81

i never said they where doing it officially! why would they invade iraq and then declare all the oil they are taking? wouldnt it then make it obvious that was one of there objectives?

1. oil to boost its own economy!
2. presence and greater control in that region!
3. global domination
4. US attitude we do what we want! how we want! when we want!
5. to cause civil war so the muslims wipe each other of the map!

The UK ballistic missile program was actually cancelled long before the Thatcher years (1959 ish I think) although the 1st stage launch vehicle did survive as part of the ill fated Europa project. (show my age now - I actually worked at the Spadeadam test site). Europa was also eventually scrapped due to arguments amongst the european partners after several spectacular failures in the 2nd (french) and 3rd (German) stages.

Interestingly, blue streak was actually a joint UK/US venture to develop a medium range ballistic missile (1,500-2,000 miles) for launch from the UK mainland. The US only offerings were long range (4,500+ miles) missiles which were, at the time, considered inappropriate for siting in Europe.

The reason the missile was scrapped was because costs had multiplied to nearly 10 times the initial estimates and progress was excrutiatingly slow making the whole concept obsolete before it even worked (The UK didn't grab any of the top tier German rocket scientists after the end of WWII so were at least 5 yeasrs behing in comparison to US/Russia in missile development).

The concept of using a Lox/Kerosene motor as a rapid response ICBM was severely flawed from the offset due to the 15 minute fuelling time. By the time any of these missiles could of been brought to launch status they would likely of been a pile of ash !

hi mate, thanks for that bit of info! hope all is well mate, not seen u in ages!

now back to the thread lads............if the US attacks Iran, whats will the US do,

1. annihilate the entire population of nearly 70 mils, when they cann't control Iraq with a population of 20 mils and 10 years of sanctions prior to attack to wear them down.

2. bomb the nuclear plant - and what will the Iran airforce/army be doing drinking tea and eating cakes and will Iran be justified to attack mainland US because a state of war will then exist between the US and Iran.

3. involve all of the UN partners (most of which live in Europe) to do the fighting on behalf of the US, who will orchestrate from afar and the UN partners live on the doorstep of Iran

4. Fook everything up in the Middle east so that there economies and infrastructure is shot to hell so that US and partner companies can make back-hand deals with any installed government to rebuilt the countries

1. agreed! all the US know how to it bomb the shit out of country blind! make up excuses how they hit terrorist camps and training facilities and insurgent hideouts and other bollox they like to make up! like the weapons of mass destruction! go on youtube where bush and powell pre-war state that iraq has definetely got nukes! post-war interview they totally deny saying it! you decide who the fools are?

2. thats what theyll try and do! to bes honest with you i dont think Iran can put a fight! the US picks on weak countries! countries that have no strong military are war torn or have been!

agree with 3 & 4 its american companies that get the contracts to rebuild! the iraqis end up paying for it too! where does the money go? back home to the US!

they take over a country, they put someone in charge who has US interests and will co-operate with the US! puppets, all politicians are puppets!

one word ILLUMINATI!!!

check the facts and make up your own mind!

from what insiders say, it will be between 1 & 2,
nuke/bomb the government/military/scientific/eductational/industrial area's leaving just the seriousy pissed-off public behind to die of radiation sickness,cholera,typhoid & starvation.

5 is a good question they probably dont want to think about, and the unmentioned bit is iran's navy.
they wont be in one place and can do real damage, and they do have subs.
so in theory they could surface off the british or american coasts and launch missiles.

they have promissed to destroy demona if they are attacked too - and that's so easy that i'd take it as a given - that place is held together with superglue & polyfiller these days.

on a related note, the american government has been building concentration camps a lot,
and the american "patriot" groups have been stockpiling amunition - so i wonder what will kick that match off?

Back