process an email??

Marktb

Member +
Reaction score
Bit of advice please, If any of you would have to go about this, what would you do? Are there any programs that are suitable?

1. Process a submitted form to a database.

2. Forward the email to a specified email address depending on the zip/postcode submitted in the form. ie: if the submitted form has a zip/postcode beginning in 123, the form is forwarded to [email protected], if the form has a zip/postcode of 456, the form is forwarded to [email protected] ...etc..ect; all remaining email are sent to a default address.

3. All submitted forms are given a unique reference number that can be searchable within the database.

4. Reports can be made on all email processes, quantities and contents of emails forwarded to each address.

5. A user interface allowing monitoring of emails and the ability or add forwarding address's (again, forwarding depending on the zip/postcode field submitted in the original form.

6. When an email has be forwarded, raise an ivoice against the forwarded email. Either weekly, daily or per message.

Cheers

Mark.

Off the top of my head that would be a job for Lotus Notes, at least one use for the software then :)

All the things you want to do can be done, if you are into scripting, either VBS or Lotus Script.

Since you want all mails/forms to have unique IDs and be searchable i would definitely recommend Lotus Notes, since this will let you build a DB to your specifications without any big hassle (Lotus Domino Designer speaking here hehehe :) )

Cheers Karma, im in the early days of scripting, but i'll have a read into it and give it a go.

Back