Probs with new firefox

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Havin a few probs with the new firefox 1.0.6, every so often when i click on go to a site i get an error,but if i click on it the 2nd time it works...... ive uninstalled and installed it again but still happens,doesnt do it with IE though..... :( any ideas

Well................ ive tweaked it using the speed-up firefox from ere and it aint done it yet.......... fingers crossed :)

i have been useing it all morning and all fine for me. if you have used the tweeks in the old version they should stay unchanged when you upgrade

i use sygate firewall so maybe that,s why i don't have a issue with it .

Well b4 i knew what this was all about i had to uninstall ZA pro,so now using xp firewall but still getting the error :(i even had to reinstall my panda av last night....... i may just uninstall firefox all together and use IE :(

i have windows firewall off sp2 installed sygate firewall and router firewall mine is fine ..i stopped useing zone alarm a long time ago due to compatablity problems but i know others use it without a problem . i also had issues with nortons firewall as well but never had a problem with sygate .

Right,this is really pissin me off now,guner uninstall firefox but dont wanna lose my bookmarks,is there a way i can save or transfer them too IE.......

That didnt last long,couldnt stand using IE so ive gone back to firefox,id rather have this error box come up then use IE......... :)

have you tried this

in address bar, type:

about:config

find the setting called "browser.xul.error_pages.enabled" and set it to true.

Well DAMAGE since doin that i havent had the error m8 :) thanks a million m8

have you re-installed ZA as i don't think it was that what was giveing the error .

No i havent......... i might stick with the xp firewall,done a security check earlier and i got the same result as when i used ZA pro so i think i may keep this firewall on :)

i am not to sure how good the xp firewall is to be honest .most other firewalls you have to update the definitions every so often i don't think there has been a update for the xp firewall as far as i know ..

Back