Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Problems updating 3.71 M33

max10

Inactive User
My PSP is currently on version 3.71 M33. I am trying to update the PSP to 5.50 GEN A. I copy the 5.50 GEN A Update Folder to the PSP GAME Folder, But When I try to update the GEN A on the PSP - The PSP Switches off and does not update.

I have tried to update this several times with no joy.

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

Max

I cant remember for certain, but I seem to remember that you need to update to 5.00 first, then upgrade to 5.50. But you can do it JTH's way too.

Hi all, I'm new to this section, after doing alot of reading over the last three days and countless trying, I finally got my phat to downgrade using open source pandora battery tool 0.6 available in downloads. then I used the complete pandora files to down grade and upgrade to cfw 3xxx. This is the bit which may be of use to you, I used 5.00 M33 easy installer to bring cfw to 5xxx and then I was able to install the latest cfw. I wanna thank all the peeps here that have given 5star advice to peepe like myself who otherwise would end up using the kids expensive toys as door stops.:proud:

I HAVE BRICKED THE PSP!! ANY HELP PLEASE

I used the PSP grader to start to make the pandora battery, all was going well.

I then added the "Open Source Pandora Battery Tool 0.60" to the game folder in the PSP. I then run the battery tool file by switching on the PSP.

It then took me the secret PSP menu - I clicked x to go ahead with creating a pandora battery.

PSP switched on again into the main screen. I then took the memory stick out and battery and inserted this again in the PSP to create a pandora battery...(was this right) since then only green power light on the PSP!!! screen is black

just use power lead no battrey in psp to see if it boots

if u done ur battery correct u should only get green light on psp nothing else.
put the card in that u created pandora files on with grader and hold nothing .the psp will boot normal.
but if u hold the left trigger in while putting battery in u will get a pandora menu.

Last edited:
I have tryed several times to re-boot the PSP or try to get the special menus (keeping the right or left keys pressed whilst powering on) but no luck.

I don't think i made pandora battery properly as a result he PSP may have bricked...
No lights showing on the PSP unless I charge the PSP and then orange lights comes on and if i remove the charge cable the light stays green

Any help...

I have taken the battery out and put the PSP on charge, I try switching the PSP on the green light comes on for 2 secs..then turns off!!

Yes, I have my brothers modded PSP? Need to get this right,as i don't want to mess his up!

What will I need to do?

ok use his to make pandora and follow what i posted https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1694620/

after u run psp grader and put the battery tool on card and run that.
take battery out hold the left trigger button in and place battery in ,and u will get menu to go to m33.

if all ok use that card and battery on both psp for now
once u get that stage let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
my brothers psp sucessfully updated to 5.00 m33-4, i then took his memory stick and battery out of his PSP and inserted this in to mine and my psp also updated to 5.00 m33-4.

What do i now do to my original memory card & battery?

my brothers psp sucessfully updated to 5.00 m33-4, i then took his memory stick and battery out of his PSP and inserted this in to mine and my psp also updated to 5.00 m33-4.

What do i now do to my original memory card & battery?

no just use his
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

gen d 3 put that on the same card ur using
on the root of card and let it overwrite wat it needs to.
go to card on psp and run it
u will get menu to update to gend 3.
then u can run it again only this time on the menu u will see option
to make xgen pandora. select that.
now take the card and battery out and put in other psp
and use pandora way and it will let u flash straight to gend3.

now u can press select and see the option to make battery normal.

select wat theme and colour u want and umd auto start to off and ,thats it
games in ISO folder happy gaming.

Slight problem....

I used his card & battery and successfully updated my PSP to 5.50 gen-d3.
(you told me to use my card & battery - I miss read)

I then used his card & battery and updated his PSP to gen-D3 - I then followed your instructions "now u can press select and see the option to make battery normal."

His PSP is working fine and updated on 5.50 gen-d3.

I then put my card & battery in my PSP and surprise nothing works... I messed up again..help please!

m8 it sounds like ur battery is already apandora.
does ur psp turn on with just the mains in(no battery)
if it does then switch it on then put battery in,
press select and to get menu and change battery to normal.

if u have bricked it again then use other psp to change battery and run grader again on that psp to fix urs.

Back