Problems setting up TM500 with 8 way DiSEqC switch

Liam1611

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was hoping someone can shed some light on the setup for the Technomate TM500 with an 8 port DiSEqC switch and a Wavefrontier 55cm dish.
The positions set on the dish are 28, 19.2, 13, 5 East and 1 West.
The switch being used is an EMP Centauri 8 way version 2 located here.
The problems are that the switch isn't doing what it should despite following the setup here for an uncommited switch.
If somebody could post the correct installation procedure from resetting the receiver to tuning in all satellites it would be appreciated.
I have spent over 3 hours trying to set this damn thing up and its still only pulling in 28 East.
The thing is I know what I am doing but I don't know if its a compatibilty problem between the receiver and the switch.

Thanks in advance

Liam

Last edited:
might be better off setting it up as diseqc 1.2 controlled m8 after reading the link

Hi Digidude

I have already tried that, the Technomate allows you to move the motor East or West but it doesn't tell you it detects a signal. I have even set it as a standard uncommited 4 way and it still won't switch. I know the switch works because I had it connected to a TM 1500 to check everything worked before connecting the TM500. Non Linux based receivers allow you to move the motor East or West and tell you when a signal is there, maybe this could be added to the receiver at a later date.

Liam

Last edited:
Back