Problems Recording to USB stick !!!!

Davey_H

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya guys can you please give me some direction.
I have finally managed to get the DM800 set up and recording to USB stick, the problem is that when I started to watch it, it was pausing every 5 or so mins and dropping some of the recording.

Is this because I was recording on USB stick??? I had a 64 GB one kicking around so I thought I would try it. Or do I need an internal HD and what do people suggest??? Whats prices atm...

Lots of questions but we have lots of clever people here ;)

Regards

Dave H.

probably because the usb's write speed wasnt fast enough to record onto, write speeds are always lower than read speeds! was you recording hd by any chance?

Would deffo suggest an internal hdd, much better for recording!

Okay that's what I thought...

I even got the EPG work on it and picons but they froze the USB key up as well, ahh well 500gb 2.5 sata drive gotta go in it I guess £38 off ebuyer, cheapest atm ;)

I need new graphics card to work with windows 8 as well so might as well get them both together.... LOL

If your picons and epg data are freezing the stick aswell then something isn't quite right, you really want the epg data and picons on a USB Stick as you don't want the hard drive spinning up every time you change channels, have another play with your stick mate (ohh err lol ;)) reformat it and remount see if you can get it working with your picons without crashing

Sent from my telephone.

I took a hitachi 320 gb 2.5 sata out of a portable drive and installed that in but there did not look like there was enough power getting to it as it sounded like the heads were clicking when I tried to initialise it and then I got blue screen and the box rebooted.

I installed a few images and it done this on all of them, then I decided to put it back in the usb enclosure and try that... still same problem...
I don't know if I want to buy a 2.5 and have this problem... AGHHHH

Is it known that some HD cause this problem or will it be a power supply problem... it should be 3amps it says..

2.5 sata HDD should work out of the box m8 without the need for extra power,
I have a 320gb one in mine and its fine,maybe the HDD is on its way out?

Back