problem with new talk/talk router

a1gunner

DW Member +
Reaction score
my m8 just got his new router and laptop working fine the problem is when he connects his dm500 up only the fta channels clear box has a ip address and dhcp is enabled when i try box in my place on virgin all ok anybody had the same problem and can shed some lite on it

Have you forwarded the dm500 port (12000 for CCCam) on your new router and enabled DNS service?

also makesure dream and labtop etc dont have the same ip.is it connected through ethernet or wifi or homeplugs.sometimes new broadband takes a week to bed in.

the model is aol bb-314c64 m8

cant seem to find that model - parents on talktalk and have a D-Link DSL - 2680 - works fine with cccam as a client - previously had a netgear which also worked fine - only other models talktalk currently sell are made by Huawei.

he had netgear m8 but it wudnt work so he said his router was broke and they send that 1 out it was the same with the netgear 1

I would be tempted to reflash the Dm500, i know it works on your virgin connection, but it won't do no harm. What image is on it?

if it wasn't working on the other router either, seems to suggest its not the router. I know its silly but have you tried a different ethernet cable?

You could check settings on your router.Look for Mac Address Control and ensure its disabled if using DCHP.If you are assigning IP addresses to additional clients then you will need to set to enabled and put the mac addresses in the allowed table.

Hi m8 , i came across the same problem and spoiled the whole day ! the new router from aol is not good for this! I sort it out, buying 2 nd hand netgear router from e- bay for less than £15, and everthing so far good!

also having issues with talktalk modem, i have linked dlinkddns.com with modem, also port forward, unable to share

Back