problem using iq image ??

just to let you know what I'm doing which is probably the same as you guys but ill say anyway lol

OK
Green
Scroll to 0.8W Services
OK
find BBC World News
OK
Dish moves and clears BBC News
:)

I'm not saying you guys are dumb or doing it wrong as you guys know more than I do lol just saying what I did :)

that was exactly what i tried to do pal as bbc is fta - but it doesnt work - just hangs with the flashing dish symbol constantly flashing - but when i move to another sat the channels come on straight away - so it's a really strange occurance

squig ?

I kinda hear what your saying Rickie, whoever I install a lot of systems from freesat to multiroom hotel systems and a lot of CCTV systems, for example the last cctv system was a network based system with 29 IP cameras some megapixel and some with PTZ function. Front gate had licence plate recognition. If before supplying and installing the kit I had not checked and rechecked and tested the hardware and software only to discover that some parts of it did not work. Then If I said to the customer sorry there are some parts of the sofware not yet finished but we are working on it and hope to have a fix soon do you think I would get paid, not on your life, my cheque would only arrive after the problems were sorted.

The way i see it mate - I dont know how many members of the IQ team there is but I would guess there would not be that many.

They are under pressure to deliver an image that is useable in the fastest possible time - whilst you could argue not being able to view a satelite is unsable it would be very difficult to test every aspect of the image whilst actually making headways with the things we want.

A typical example is for the past 2 years I have been working on a muliti million pound project with a famous high street retailer - at the moment I am sitting at my desk not doing very much because again the system is not working correctly therefore I cannot go and install. This is a project that has had months and months of testing, yet when its actually gone live the end users keep finding problems hence the delay in the rollout

The bottom line is, this iq problem is going to be fixed in a matter of days, and I dare say that we find something else that needs tweaking.

My point to Ellie is, he could have asked someone to see if they had the problem, because this way we could have reached todays conclussion a week or so ago.

I am kinda kicking myself I didnt try a different image when I first discovered, but as I said I only noticed after I had my dish realigned for other problems I have been having for months.

Im using my channel list mate, I just scanned

I was thinking if installing one you guys are using but it might mess up mine so aint going to bother lol

we are going round in circles again, they call these boxes hobby boxes if everything was A1 to start with it would be a pretty boring hobby.

That said, it would be nice when everything is working nice... and I am still confident that it will, @ some point soon

anyway going have a fiddle to see if I can get this sat to work on an IQ image

As you all probably know by now i use my own sat lists and bouquets, i can assure you all that i have had no issues watching Thor 0.8w using any image.I can only assume its is down to incompatiblity of some channel lists etc that may be down loaded, i can also get lock on 1.0w using sat finder.If you are having issues try scanning the satellites yourself then use ok , green button and find the channel you want.

some how i have got it working on the IQ image, but i dont know how

Going to start from scratch after i been shopping to work out how i did it

I looked at tuner config no different than normal and set up ushals

I messed around with sat finder, which didnt really see the purpose off! reloaded channel list a few times - something there did the trick but not sure which

can anyone shed some light?

2nd attempt after reflash, back to no signal! and cant get it back on

Not sure if I was stupid to not wait for the forthcomin release or stupid for reflashing when I had it working

However there was one difference which I am sure will make no odds

The first time I tried and it worked was with the DWIQ the second time was with DWIQv2

Give up for tonight now :)

Back