Problem loading image onto TM500

Liam1611

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just bought myself a Technomate TM 500 and was hoping to load the latest image onto it, but I am running into problems. I have downloaded both Technomate Control Centre 7.1 and TM Linux loader and the latest image but every time I try to load the image into the box it connects checks user name and pass then just hangs and after a while a box comes up saying.

200 Binary It Is Then. 200 PORT command successful. Consider Using PASV. 425 Failed to establish connection.
This happens with both loaders. I have even tried to update the Technomate using serial but it just hangs. I connected directly from my PC to the TM500 and disabled my firewall and it still comes up with the same problem. I can connect into the receiver with Flash FXP and view all the files located on the receiver and can view the TV/Radio browser within the box, but for the life of me I cannot update the image. Is there anything that I need to do that I am missing or is it a faulty receiver.

Thanks in advance.

Liam

on the TM linux loader, have you entered the receivers IP as found in the communications menu, and also ticked the password box before saving and proceding to the update tab?

Yes have already done that and made sure that the IP address is correct user name is root and password is left blank and have made sure that the For Other Images box is ticked. In the extraction log it tells me that User Name Root Password (blank) Login Success. So I know that it sees the box it just wont upload the image for some reason.
As you can see from the attached images I think I am doing it correctly.

Thanks in advance

Liam

I can connect into the box and browse the web interface. Is there any way I can copy the image across and load it from within the receiver itself?

Many Thanks

Liam

ftp into the box, and copy the .img file onto the /tmp folder

on the receiver go into the expert setup menu and choose software update, then manual update

highlight the image you just copied in and press ok

If the above doesn't work I'd try this method here.

I used this method when I sussed that the FTP prog I was using was sh!te (something that I'm still not convinced of lol). I would use the above every time now, I'm not sure of the TM Loader although I couldn't tell you why tbh
sheep.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Bard, but I have already tried holding the button down but it still comes up FAIL on both boxes, I have acquired another one now and I am def holding the power button down. I have copied 3 images across to the box and they can be seen in Flash FXP but when I try to update the image it cannot be found on the receiver. Image attached.
This is doing my nut in now and I can't understand why it isn't working. I hae thrown everything I know at it and it still won't work. Is it something to do with the original image that is loaded into the receiver thats causing all these problems?

Thanks in advance

Liam

hi m8, scary thing is, the problems I was having was with FlashFXP also.
I could see the files etc that I'd transferred using FlashFXP but fook all would work when I went to the stb. I was doing my nut in too m8.

I then tried Filezilla FTP Client and everything went swimmingly lol.

I thought it was because my FlashFXP was a scene release from a few years ago, but now I'm not so sure.
My bet would be to try a different FTP client.

once the image is in the temp folder, rename it to

TM500_UPDATE.img

then it should show in the update menu

Well I've finally managed to get it working after much tinkering about and following your instructions. I managed tog et it to update Via serial, its not mentioned anywhere that you need to hold down the OK button when powering up the receiver to allow it to be detected on your serial port and thus start the update (which it did btw but took over 20 minutes). Anyway I booted it up and it displayed the splash screen and all is well with the world. Maybe it would be an idea to make a sticky or a PDF explaining how to update if anyone has the same problem as I have faced.
How to update via serial and how to update via FTP including any file renaming.
Thanks again guys for all your help in getting this receiver loaded and I'm sure I'll be back to pepper your heads with more inane questions.

Liam

Back