problem ftping on VIX image 1.3

daveo_spy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Something strange happened today, 2 days ago I installed VIX 1.3 and have been impressed with it functionality. I backed all my setting etc and continued to play with it, when i attempted to download the epg it worked well. I shut down and turned off power from the main supply (as I had to change a a faulty light dimmer switch - long story). when I attempted to put it on, it froze on the "loading enigma 2" screen, after remaining like this for about 10 minutes I tried again, and again it froze. I thought no problem I shall do a restore using the VIX image on the usb and restore my settings from hdd. This worked fine however, when I attempt to ftp to the vu from my laptop I can't. i have never had a problem with this before and when I attempted to ftp to my brothers vu (using his ip address) it connects fine. I have been attempting to ftp to this box but get "ERROR SOCKET NOT CONNECTED" when I know the ip address and connections are correct.
network test are all good so hence I dont know what to do.

p.s following a restore I get unable to listen on webcontrol port 192.xxx.x.x.xx:80

Questions
(a) does restore re-assign a password which lock you out when ftping.
(b) I have re-installed image and attempted with restore and setting up manually no joy. so i do a factory restore.

The cables are fine and so is he switch. I have ftped a thousand times to this box hence I am stumped.

Any suggestion?

Last edited:
That's a strange one mate, never seen that happen before.

I would suggest disabling DHCP (if currently active) and manually select the IP and try again.

If this does not work then reflash the receiver with the ViX 1.3 image and start from scratch.

Thanks mate.

Solved. It did not like the ip address it had been given for months??? and i needed to reassign it a new ip address. bizarre but it fixed it.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Daveo

Thanks mate.

Solved. It did not like the ip address it had been given for months??? and i needed to reassign it a new ip address. bizarre but it fixed it.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Daveo

No worries mate, glad you got it sorted.

Ps. Don't forget to use the thanks button!!

Back