Probably a stupid question....

eazi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is a DM800 Enigma 2 image different to a TM800 Enigma 2 image?

I know its probably a stupid question due to hardware but.... I can use SUSE, Redhat or Debian, on my PC hardware whether its Dell / Compaq.....

Is a DM800 Enigma 2 image different to a TM800 Enigma 2 image?

I know its probably a stupid question due to hardware but.... I can use SUSE, Redhat or Debian, on my PC hardware whether its Dell / Compaq.....

hi m8

if it was the same then we wouldnot need the UR team!we could run any dm800 image on our tm. however We can use only some of the e2 plugins and there are not so many!

source code will be released soon :)
we will have images coming out of our ears :Hit:

:lol:

I soooo need to learn to program these boxes, did start back in the cable days.

Its just a case of getting the free time

Sorry but i have lost all faith in technomate releasing any thing!

I read they have never released a source code for any of their recievers, why would this one be any different?

If they want this reciever to be as good as it can be they need to release it imo.

I read they have never released a source code for any of their recievers, why would this one be any different?

If they want this reciever to be as good as it can be they need to release it imo.

probably they will never do it due to cloning risk.Look what happened to dm 500s and 800 HD!

probably they will never do it due to cloning risk.Look what happened to dm 500s and 800 HD!

Cloning boxes has nothing to do with making images.

I have never seen a clone dm500 with software made by the cloners, they just stick an old gemini image on and flog the boxes.

vu and coolstream are both open sourced and havn't seen their clones yet and think it's more to do with hardware than if the software is open sourced or not.

What makes you think that having access to the souce code has anything to do with cloning ?, ur have access to the pli code but they are struggling to make it stable on the tm800hd hardware.

So the story from TM is they cant release source code for TM800HD because it's not complete yet...fair enough...

- What about Tm500 and Tm600 though...these boxes are a year old E1 boxes...source code hasnt been released for these yet...why not ??

Cloning boxes has nothing to do with making images.

I have never seen a clone dm500 with software made by the cloners, they just stick an old gemini image on and flog the boxes.

vu and coolstream are both open sourced and havn't seen their clones yet and think it's more to do with hardware than if the software is open sourced or not.

What makes you think that having access to the souce code has anything to do with cloning ?, ur have access to the pli code but they are struggling to make it stable on the tm800hd hardware.

vu+ has only a couple of dev teams that make images ,since dreamelite seems to gone they have less.however its not the point.The point is in a week time all TM800 HD OWNERS can be blown again!i dont give a shit if they release their fcuk,,,,source code or not .just make things work that they are supposed to work on this reciever!
next week will be many negative posts here be sure of it

regards

vu+ has only a couple of dev teams that make images ,since dreamelite seems to gone they have less.however its not the point.The point is in a week time all TM800 HD OWNERS can be blown again!i dont give a shit if they release their fcuk,,,,source code or not .just make things work that they are supposed to work on this reciever!
next week will be many negative posts here be sure of it

regards

Just to correct the above post about VU+ development you really should research things before saying them as it misleads others.

If there was only of couple of teams developing for VU+ and as you say DE is no more so this would leave even less that would sound like there was now only one team developing.

The true figure of independent developers releasing images is 6 + the manufacturer is also releasing images so in total 7.

So my point is if TM releases the code you will get the support.

Just to add I will not bash the TM800 as I would like to see it work so I can Get one.:proud:

Just to correct the above post about VU+ development you really should research things before saying them as it misleads others.

If there was only of couple of teams developing for VU+ and as you say DE is no more so this would leave even less that would sound like there was now only one team developing.

The true figure of independent developers releasing images is 6 + the manufacturer is also releasing images so in total 7.

So my point is if TM releases the code you will get the support.

Just to add I will not bash the TM800 as I would like to see it work so I can Get one.:proud:

My point was not concidering amount of teams supporting vu+,4or7 ,since we have only 1!But they are making good work on that box,getting better and better but i can not say the samething for my box!

Many bugs are the same from the first day!And some of the improvments done by DW members not the UR team!Those bugs will be repeated very soon
regards

Back