Private pension age raise??

Their pushing it so by the time you retire you'll be fit for nothing or dead.

When you've reached that age you've normally gathered a few health issues that restrict you from doing certain retirement stuff.
Then abit later down the line the Gov will take your house to pay for care home fees.

Just live it now while you've got abit of health and a bit of coin because pretty soon you won't have both

If the average age is now 82 then retiring at the current 66 years gives 16 years in retirement on average.

The state pension age was introduced when you was expected to have 1-2 years not 16. So whilst I don’t want to retire later I can see that with dwindling birth rates and retirement lasting longer we face issues on workforce and cost that just can’t be ignored.

I’m this article yes that is true, they are also raising the state pensionable age to 68 which they are talking of bringing forward.

Think I am guilty of not fully reading the article mainly the headline and linking that to other news I was reading 😏

If the average age is now 82 then retiring at the current 66 years gives 16 years in retirement on average.

The state pension age was introduced when you was expected to have 1-2 years not 16. So whilst I don’t want to retire later I can see that with dwindling birth rates and retirement lasting longer we face issues on workforce and cost that just can’t be ignored.
So between 66 and 82 I guarantee you will be suffering from at least one ailment that restricts you from doing the stuff you could in your mid to late 50's. You pay into a system all your working life only for it to be given back at some point. Alot of my m8's have called it a day and cashed in when they've hit 60 but I've one or two tight t*ats. one m8 and his wife are due £750k in a pension but he's working with really bad knee's and hip to the point he struggles to walk., he's just turned 60 but will work till the end, utter pointless

So between 66 and 82 I guarantee you will be suffering from at least one ailment that restricts you from doing the stuff you could in your mid to late 50's. You pay into a system all your working life only for it to be given back at some point. Alot of my m8's have called it a day and cashed in when they've hit 60 but I've one or two tight t*ats. one m8 and his wife are due £750k in a pension but he's working with really bad knee's and hip to the point he struggles to walk., he's just turned 60 but will work till the end, utter pointless
How long ago did you pack in?
Are you enjoying life more now just tinkering around doing odd jobs and repairs for people, sounds the best way to go.

I packed up full time about 5 years ago. I do odd jobs here and there and help a friend out who's a spark he's not got the best health back and legs f**ked were a right pair plus a number of other bits n bobs mainly keep me active body and mind.
I haven't got the world's best pension but to be honest I don't need much I'm easily pleased and I'm not one for luxuries or big holidays never have been, I'm happy enough with what I've got decent health bar one bad bout so I try to look after myself, without decent health life can be truly sh#te

Back to the subject, can you imagine the money the Gov will make by the extra 2 years of contributions and 2 years of not paying out pensions?. All the while the bankers (I spelt that wrong) will get their bonuses reintroduced so they can milk far more in for screwing up the country. I honestly don't know how long people as a whole can take been suppressed and squeezed till they are basically in daily debt to survive.
Then we can happily dip in and find fork out billions for tanks and planes to send out to Ukraine when it's NATO that created the problem. were's does that money suddenly come from ?, not paying pensions for an extra 2 years ??.
Raising the age you pay contributions will go towards things like this.

Back