Privacy Laws?

zerofool2005

Chilld/Teenage Member
Reaction score
Because my schools network security was completely stupid. And every effort they made was defeated by me. Theyve installed new Remote Administration Software "AB Tutor Control". We have not been made to sign anything or neither have the parents. But are they not breaking any privacy laws here. As this can spy on any user and see everything he does/types. If i was to install anything on a remote box without permission thats classed as hacking. But they install this without my permission?

Do you own the PC you use in the school?

I suspect no...it belongs to the school and you have permission to use it.

If you don't want your privacy invaded, don't use them.

Tools like this are common practice on a local network. They're used to remotely update each machine instead of physically sitting in front of it to update it.

Collage use VNC running as a service incliding telnet on most machine as well as some other things to take control forcelog off users supend accounts ect ect ect You probbley singed an agreement saying you wouldnt mind them looking/montering what you are doing a tthe start of the year. Long as they dont publish this to open people thet can log what they like

most schools use software like this to safegaurd itself and its students.

Years ago I was a ICT technician in an english school, at the time we installed an app called netop to control students computers whenever we needed to.

Back