Prison officer wins £3m on the Pools

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A prison officer from Brechin in Angus has won the biggest Football Pools prize of all-time after scooping a record jackpot of £3,001,511

A prison officer from Brechin in Angus has won the biggest Football Pools prize of all-time after scooping a record jackpot of £3,001,511.

The match that sealed the win for Elliot was Clitheroe's draw with Fylde in England's Evo Stik Premier League.

"I cannot believe it; it is a dream come true," said 56-year-old Elliot who is originally from Canterbury in Kent.

"To say this is a life-changing experience would be the understatement of the year.

"I have played the Pools for many years and have won three times before, although my biggest previous win was £32.

"We are still in a state of shock and it's going to take a little time before everything finally sinks in."

Elliot served in the Forces for 20 years before acting as a warder at Noranside open prison, near Forfar for the last 13 years.

He has now quit his job after picking up the Pools prize.

His 34-year-old partner Kirstina Fairweather told the Scottish News of the World: "The mortgage payments on our home were so high that we feared we might have to sell it. Now our money worries are over - and I am going to be planning a wedding."

"During the summer I asked Michael if we could really afford the £2 a week cost of playing the Pools. I'm glad he kept playing it - that's why I love him."

Officials said it is the first time in the 87-year history of the Pools that a single winner has scooped a record payout in excess of £3 million.

Source

Good luck to the man for keeping his dream alive and finally it's come true.

Still not heard if the 113M euromillions winner(s) come forward yet but with £8000+ a day interest I would sure be doing.
There again if they wanted to offer me a days interst per month as a gift that would be very nice.

Back