Other Printer connection problems

cosso1

Member ++
Reaction score
I now have the super hub 3 from Virgin which is great. It is wired to my Windows 10 machine. The problem I'm having, is getting my Brother printer to connect to all other PC's, the printer is running via wifi, which it did with my older super hub 2 without any issues. I can print from my Windows pc, then go on my Mac to try to print, but it'll say printer is offline, I then reset printer settings on the Mac, turn printer off, unplug and on again, then Mac installs it again and will print, but then come back to my Windows PC and when I go to print, it says error printer off line. I can then remove device from windows pc and reinstall printer, but the windows 10 pc can't find the printer, until I turn the super hub off then on, windows pc then finds it and installs printer, but then the problem is back on the Mac.

I'm at a bit of a loss, keep going round in circles.

It took some time, but I've managed to sort it out. For some reason my Windows 10 pc had set the printer to a wsd port. I managed to start over and set the port on windows as tcp/ip, then uncheck snmp for that port, and everything is working as it should.

Unsure why the settings changed, only thing I've done lately, is change my superhub 2 to a superhub 3, so not sure if this somehow interfered with settings?

Back