Prince returns from Afghanistan

Yeah have heard this before, but as to whether its true or not I don't know (no that's not a first) lol

I mean, what if there was no war to go to ?

might be why we had to go to war on the Falklands ???? for prince andrew

and Harry was 17 when this war started.

I recall there was a NATO thing that stated if a NATO member is attacked, we all had to go help?

Well if he is so keen to get out there again why does he not just resign his H.R.H. and come off the civil list and get "back to business"

His privileged life style comes at a price I am afraid to say, the price being that as long as we are picking up the tab for him to do as he pleases then we expect a return for our money.

There has been £100,000's if not millions spent on little boy blue and I expect in the future for him to "do his bit" by bringing trade and commerce to Britain and the odd tourist.

As has been stated here already, as some officers bought themselves out there is no reason why Harry can't simply leave the civil list.

The royal family is simply put a tourist attraction and irrelevant otherwise, and simply put just a pack of Germans & Russians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Royal_Family

Monies to support the Queen in the exercise of her duties as head of state of the United Kingdom (the Head of State Expenditure) come from the Civil List. This is a return of a small portion of the revenue from the Crown Lands that are surrendered by the monarch to parliament at the beginning of each reign; all Crown Land being administered by The Crown Estates, an institution that is answerable to parliament. In the 2003-04 fiscal year, the amount surrendered was £176.9 million, where the Head of State Expenditure was £36 million. The Head of State Expenditure does not include the cost of security.
Only the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh receive funding from the Civil List. The Duke receives £359,000 per year.
Only some members of the Royal Family carry out public duties; these individuals receive an annual payment known as a Parliamentary Annuity, the funds being supplied to cover office costs.
The Duke of York: £249,000 per annum
The Earl and Countess of Wessex: £141,000 per annum
The Princess Royal: £228,000 per annum
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester: £175,000 per annum
The Duke and Duchess of Kent: £236,000 per annum
Princess Alexandra £225,000 per annum
These amounts are repaid by The Queen from her private funds.
Though always voluntarily subject to the Value Added Tax and other indirect taxes, the Queen agreed to pay taxes on income and capital gains from 1992, although the details of this arrangement are both voluntary and secret. At the same time it was announced that only the Queen and Prince Philip would receive civil list payments.

Since 1993 the Queen's personal income has been taxed as any other Briton. The Queen's private estate (eg shareholdings, personal jewellery, Sandringham House and Balmoral Castle) will be subject to Inheritance Tax, however bequests from Sovereign to Sovereign are exempt

good on the lad ..shows he got balls i dont no many people who are willing to get shot at ..more like him would make a difference ..bet he tested the local Afghanistan smoke tho....bonus lol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Royal_Family

Monies to support the Queen in the exercise of her duties as head of state of the United Kingdom (the Head of State Expenditure) come from the Civil List. This is a return of a small portion of the revenue from the Crown Lands that are surrendered by the monarch to parliament at the beginning of each reign; all Crown Land being administered by The Crown Estates, an institution that is answerable to parliament. In the 2003-04 fiscal year, the amount surrendered was £176.9 million, where the Head of State Expenditure was £36 million. The Head of State Expenditure does not include the cost of security.
Only the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh receive funding from the Civil List. The Duke receives £359,000 per year.
Only some members of the Royal Family carry out public duties; these individuals receive an annual payment known as a Parliamentary Annuity, the funds being supplied to cover office costs.
The Duke of York: £249,000 per annum
The Earl and Countess of Wessex: £141,000 per annum
The Princess Royal: £228,000 per annum
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester: £175,000 per annum
The Duke and Duchess of Kent: £236,000 per annum
Princess Alexandra £225,000 per annum
These amounts are repaid by The Queen from her private funds.
Though always voluntarily subject to the Value Added Tax and other indirect taxes, the Queen agreed to pay taxes on income and capital gains from 1992, although the details of this arrangement are both voluntary and secret. At the same time it was announced that only the Queen and Prince Philip would receive civil list payments.

Since 1993 the Queen's personal income has been taxed as any other Briton. The Queen's private estate (eg shareholdings, personal jewellery, Sandringham House and Balmoral Castle) will be subject to Inheritance Tax, however bequests from Sovereign to Sovereign are exempt

And ?

And do we believe that this is the height of their income ? so you telling us the royal family is skint now ?

The other one plays Dixie by the way.....

Who said they were skint?I didnt! you said the kid got money from the civil list etc he dont

@:Jay if youre refering to me going off topic, how come?
read fubar's previous posts, Im disagreeing with his statement and providing some evidence, yes?

Who said they were skint?I didnt! you said the kid got money from the civil list etc he dont

read fubar's previous posts, Im disagreeing with his statement and providing some evidence, yes?

As far as not getting money from the "civil list" yes you are right, they managed to "rearange" their finances but bottom line it still comes out of my pocket(and yours).

Ether way he is set to become a freeloader, just like Andrew and the other klingons.....

Fubar, I aint gona argue with you mate, it would go on all night and to be honest I cant be arsed, I aint gona change your mind and you certainly wont change mine,

One thing thought The lad could have said no I aint going when all the fiss kicked off, but he didnt, he wanted to go and he went,

He has my respect and my loyalty as has his family, I signed a pledge a long time ago mate and it stays with me no matter what.

Youre entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, so I'll agree to differ with you.

No hard feelings Bud.

Last edited:
Fubar, I aint gona argue with you mate, it would go on all night and to be honest I cant be arsed, I aint gona change your mind and you certainly wont change mine,

One thing thought The lad could have said no I aint going when all the fiss kicked off, but he didnt, he wanted to go and he went,

He has my respect and my loyality as has his family, I signed a pledge a long time ago mate and it stays with me no matter what.

Youre entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, so I'll agree to differ with you.

No hard feelings Bud.

Well I took an oath of alligence a long time ago too chum, but when you have seen what I have seen, it puts things in a different light.

I support our troops whole heartily & thats why I can't be bothered with all this poop.

And no mate I try never fall out with anyone, just enjoy the banter....

As far as not getting money from the "civil list" yes you are right, they managed to "rearange" their finances but bottom line it still comes out of my pocket(and yours).

Ether way he is set to become a freeloader, just like Andrew and the other klingons.....

Well if you don't like paying you can always leave the country your free to do so.
If you want to rant about a waste of money, I can think of loads of other things, like dole cheats, drunks, druggies, young girls getting up the duff and expecting us to pay for it, bogus asylum seekers all costing hundreds and hundreds of millions every year.
Instead of winging about a pittance the royal family take in comparison.
Or do you just like sound of your own voice?

Well I took an oath of alligence a long time ago too chum, but when you have seen what I have seen, it puts things in a different light.

Bla Bla Bla get the violins out Bla Bla Bla

not amied at anyone just to the content of a few posts ..but i see its sorted now and back on the topic ....

Well if you don't like paying you can always leave the country your free to do so.
If you want to rant about a waste of money, I can think of loads of other things, like dole cheats, drunks, druggies, young girls getting up the duff and expecting us to pay for it, bogus asylum seekers all costing hundreds and hundreds of millions every year.

. Same old same old with you m8 just spouting a shit reply to get a reaction. Well i hope this is the only reaction you get m8 and the others dont take your bait.
You are getting quite predictable. lol

its ok IANB - I think everyone has had their fingers burnt there!!

And, back to the topic. I think Prince Harry is a good model for youngsters. He hasnt had the best start in life (as in, didnt do well in school, doesnt matter where he went to school ;)), comes from a broken home, has messed about with drugs and alcohol.

But he still managed to stand up and do his bit for the country. I dont care what family he comes from, or what his dad does for a living. This young man has gone out there and done the business. I do think its a great shame that the news agencies that broke this news did so, bit of a crime that.

Is it possible that you are actually as sad as you sound ?

And thank you for reminding me that I am free to leave the country (not that I forgot), but by the tone of your post you have a lot more issues than I about the country, perhaps you should consider a little trip to foreign climes, or even a long walk of a short pier ?

Bla Bla Bla...Sad Act...Bla Bla Bla.

Back