Sensible Topic President Trump

Cw7e_C_7_UQAAT2_Nw.jpg

wonder if he"ll take the presidents salary since he said he wont.

Good to see Trump and Putin have been getting along nicely. Not ready for WW3. At least give it a year or two.

Interesting thread.

Do you not think the Trump result is simply a reaction to words like racist and xenophobic being continually hurled at anyone who had a different point of view?

Politics is very polarised at the moment and, until compromise is more acceptable, winning and losing will continue to be the norm.

As a result, progress will be hampered.

Interesting thread.

Do you not think the Trump result is simply a reaction to words like racist and xenophobic being continually hurled at anyone who had a different point of view?

The different point of view being racist and homophobic?

What worries me miggy is that with a population of just under 320 million is this the best they could get . He makes the Tories look left wing and she is just a daft old hag clinging on to the coat tails of her husband (who also was a header )

I do agree that picking this one out of 320 million people is really disturbing...
But I don't think that Hillary Clinton's problem is her husband. Let's give her a little credit here : she can be a bureaucrat sold to big money without Bill! Women do not define themselves through the man they married, and we would never use the same image backwards.
The Democrats are fully responsable for what happened (the same thing happened in France in 2002 with Lionel Jospin), along with the Press who is completely cut out from real life and did not take Trump seriously. The big mistake the Democrats made was to chose Clinton over Sanders...

The different point of view being racist and homophobic?

:D ! ! !
Could it also be that "words like racist and xenophobic are continually hurled" because many people are actually racist and xenophobic and, following Brexit and the Trump election, they do not feel that they have to hide it anymore?...

Homophobic is certainly another 'debate shutdown' word but the preferred playground insult of the moment appears to be fascist.

@nara

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really sick of hearing all these words used . If I don't agree with something them I have some sort of phobia . Why can't it just be I don't agree with it or I believe different . Racist that gets thrown around constantly it's like the new IT word . I don't know if trump is any if these things or just playing to the crowd . We will soon find out .

Well, there has been increased racist attacks after Brexit, and the same happened after Trump's election. And those are not words.

You're right countryboy, they were morons before, but many analyses point out the fact that those major political events gave racist/xenophobic people the feeling that what they thought was legit and that they could act accordingly.
I know that the word "racist" can be misused (I'm a teacher, I've heard that before! ;-) ), but this must not conceal the fact that racism and xenophobia are well spread around the world, and that certain political choices tend to exacerbate that.

So best not express a preference?

What about the Clinton supporters protesting over the past few days? Defecating in the street, blocking roads etc?

It's okay though, they are not racists are they?

Incitement to rape Trump's wife is a minor offence too. Perhaps it's because she is an immigrant?

Morons on both sides but which side is worst?

I know Im not an American, but do you really think that he will make any difference in the way the country will be run? We thought it would be a drastic change when Trudo went into office and I feel it doesn't matter who is in charge they all screw up and do not make things better for anyone but them self.

That depends. I have never had any faith in Obama but, to be fair, Congress always got in his way. We shall have to watch and wait.

"...and do not make things better for anyone but them self...."

this is it

Their agenda is always interesting though surely?

Let us label those with whom we disgree racist or xenophobic perhaps.

Is it wrong to question the efficacy of our bipartisan immigration system? Hopefully this will change on exit from the EU.

Then we can recruit doctors from India and nurses/care workers from the Phillipines under a common immigration policy.

Unlike our current imposed system.

Back