Sensible Topic President Trump

Showing his political naivety, Trump has made his first diplomatic gaffe with his suggestion that Nigel Farage should be British ambassador to the USA. In international affairs, a host country has no business trying to influence who is selected as another country's ambassador.

The UK has given the frosty, but diplomatic, reply that there is no vacancy at the moment.

Needs to stop sucking up to Farage to try have some control over here , guys a loon

I have just been reading through some of the posts here that the general idea is that people who voted brexit or for trump are ignorant racists. I believe the opposite is true; it is possible people who voted for brexit just believe in democracy and people who voted for trump didn't like the idea of the same family being in power for twelve years.

I have just been reading through some of the posts here that the general idea is that people who voted brexit or for trump are ignorant racists.

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

So you calling me and others "ignorant" and "racists"??

Last edited:
I have just been reading through some of the posts here that the general idea is that people who voted brexit or for Trump are ignorant racists.

I think you need to sharpen up your critical faculties, and pay closer attention to what you're reading rather than jumping to simplistic conclusions.

"ignorant racists" That`s me :Cheers:

Jv_JHv_Hi.jpg

I can't understand how a lot of people didn't see these results coming it was obvious to me.
I'm sorry if I offended you just expressing my opinion. I just think calling people simple ,stupid , racist , and ignorant doesn't work anymore as I'm sure the labour party will find out in the next general election.

I can't understand how a lot of people didn't see these results coming it was obvious to me.
I'm sorry if I offended you just expressing my opinion. I just think calling people simple ,stupid , racist , and ignorant doesn't work anymore as I'm sure the labour party will find out in the next general election.

they already found that out in Scotland.. :)

Saw it coming? It wasn't exactly a landslide in either vote. Plus the polls all suggested that the opposites were going to be the outcome - albeit with an equally tight margin.
Hillary actually won the popular vote; but the quirk of the American democratic process, that is the Electoral College, will see Donald Trump in the White House. (Assuming any last ditch attempts fail to either remove him from the ballot in favour of Pence, or install Hillary instead.)

The polls have been wrong everytime recently; ringing Grandma and Grandad up and asking them how they are going to vote doesn't work.
I'm not an expert on anything especially the American electoral process but following the election on the Internet Trump had a lot more support, his rallies where packed out which is why he was suggesting a fix when he seen the polls. Poor Hillary looks like she will be dead in a few years and is surrounded by corruption and investigations so out of the two there wasn't much choice, in a way it's very simaler to Camron and Milliband.
As for Brexit a difference of nearly two million votes in my opinion could be considered a landslide especially when you take into account that the media where telling the voter if they voted leave the sky would fall in.
Everything has changed now the media ,the polls and celebrities are now irrelevant to a large section of voters

The polls have been wrong everytime recently; ringing Grandma and Grandad up and asking them how they are going to vote doesn't work.
I'm not an expert on anything especially the American electoral process but following the election on the Internet Trump had a lot more support, his rallies where packed out which is why he was suggesting a fix when he seen the polls. Poor Hillary looks like she will be dead in a few years and is surrounded by corruption and investigations so out of the two there wasn't much choice, in a way it's very simaler to Camron and Milliband.
As for Brexit a difference of nearly two million votes in my opinion could be considered a landslide especially when you take into account that the media where telling the voter if they voted leave the sky would fall in.
Everything has changed now the media ,the polls and celebrities are now irrelevant to a large section of voters
It's probably more accurate to say he had more supporters where it counted; given Trump lost the popular vote, by just over two million ballots. (Bare in mind that over 120 million were cast, so this isn't a huge amount.)

The celeb support I saw for Hillary seemed to have been more focused on the historic nature of her candidacy (before she even had the nomination in many cases), rather than her policies. I'm sure there were some; but the media I saw failed to report on much of any celeb support for Donald. That might be an echo chamber effect though.

I'm sorry; but 52% to 48% is not a landslide win. The leave result was within the margin of error of the opinion polls that were predicting a 51% remain vote as we got closer to 23rd June. You are right in that the polls on our last General Election were totally wrong. IIRC only one pundit predicted a Tory majority. Pretty much everyone else thought that person was talking guff... until the results came in.

I agree that "mainstream" media is struggling to have anywhere near the influence on Millennials and Digital natives, that they've had on Baby boomers and Generation X. I also think that some "new media" news outlets are under the impression they have more influence on their viewership than they actually do.

The cult of celebrity is changing too; people don't just follow a handful of celebs for life any more. Social media allows them to have scores of even minor celebrities that they can keep track of on a daily basis (and drop on a whim). You've even got young teenagers that are being paid millions a year to promote "luxury" products to their social media followers. The vast majority of whom are likely to be about the same age.

Three million votes wrong is quite a large margin of error I don't think they will be trusted again.
I can understand what your saying about celebrities but it's one thing using the same gym supplements as Athony Joshua or the same moisturiser as Nicole Scherzinger because they both look good so logically people can believe that these products work. I still believe that their political opinion would be irrelevant as there financial situations are far removed from the people that worship them.

Sure he is extremely irreverent and sometimes acts a bit like a racist uncle, but the guy is good at surrounding himself with smart people and then executes. I honestly didn't vote for him and he hasn't taken office yet, however he is already dealing with the China/North Korea issue which I think we all agree is a dangerous and provocative global issue that no-one else would have the balls to address as he has. He might just wind up being crazy like a fox.

if he won't start world war 3 i bet he's going to manage an interesting and efficient presidency.

Totally agree with you on that one. Nobody thought Brexit would happen. All the polls were saying remain would win and even the Brexit camp were kind of conceding. I think as we move further into the 21sr century voting will change and so will polling. The voting system in the U.K. Is outdated same as the USA. There needs to be a reform of the voting system to move forward imo

Rocky contemplates us government position, to be fair to him I love this part.
“I love Donald Trump. He’s a great Dickensian character. You know what I mean?
“There are certain people like Arnold [Schwarzenegger], Babe Ruth, that are bigger than life. But I don’t know how that translates to running the world.”

I love how he believes the US run the world.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you on that one. Nobody thought Brexit would happen. All the polls were saying remain would win and even the Brexit camp were kind of conceding. I think as we move further into the 21sr century voting will change and so will polling. The voting system in the U.K. Is outdated same as the USA. There needs to be a reform of the voting system to move forward imo

How can the voting system in the UK be outdated?
The one who gets the most votes win, whether that be an individual or party. How else should we fairly decide who the public have voted for?

The one who gets the most votes win.

Depends how you interpret that. More often than not, there are more votes cast for the other parties combined. The winning party rarely has a majority of the total votes cast.

How else should we fairly decide who the public have voted for?

Proportional Representation or one of its variants. A much fairer system.

Our voting system is indeed hopelessly outdated.

Depends how you interpret that. More often than not, there are more votes cast for the other parties combined. The winning party rarely has a majority of the total votes cast.

Proportional Representation or one of its variants. A much fairer system.

Our voting system is indeed hopelessly outdated.

Depends how you interpret that

Back