Premiere moving to NDS?

i hope darkman has got something else up his sleeves for other channels

it doesnt actually say in the article that it will change to nds but i suppose it would oneday

14% doesnt say he has the right to tell them to change the encryption, time will tell if it does.

If Murdock gets his hands on anything to do with Pay TV you can be sure at some point he will use the NDS conditional access system, he did it with Sky Italy and he will do the same with Freeview soon.

I suppose we will have to wait and see - Premiere probably have a long term agreement to use nagra for a while yet so I doubt anything will be imminent!! The only good thing if they do change is thats another major broadcaster using NDS and it means rich picking for the hackers which should in turn push for more progress in cracking the system. Still at the moment I would be more concerned about seeing Premiere go to nagra3 at the moment because that is surely only round the corner!!

should this worry me enough to stop me buying a motorised sat system?

dont worry mate as i was told as 1 door closes another opens i was worries bought nagra 3 not being hacket yet but im just after ordering my there is still loads of other stuff out there

dont worry mate as i was told as 1 door closes another opens i was worries bought nagra 3 not being hacket yet but im just after ordering my there is still loads of other stuff out there

nagra 3 doesnt bother me too much as most people seem pretty confident it will get hacked at some point. Just wouldnt like to fork out 200 quid to get no movies or football :(

for such a small percentage of shares are they prepared to meet the costs for such a big change. It will mean them having to change recievers for alot of subscribers. No mention of NDS, i cant see it happen until he buys at least half the shares.

nagra 3 doesnt bother me too much as most people seem pretty confident it will get hacked at some point. Just wouldnt like to fork out 200 quid to get no movies or football :(

Thats where the difference lies between sat and cable mate. Sat packages will always come and go whereas cable will always continue to be available unless Virgin decide to change their encryption to something more secure. If you get a sat setup you got to be prepared to loose packages as no package will remain open for a longer period of time, there will be some dark days and some good days. :)

The only good thing if they do change is thats another major broadcaster using NDS and it means rich picking for the hackers which should in turn push for more progress in cracking the system.

Now that all depends on

1) who the hackers really are, and
2) who funds them

Once all of the major broadcasters, especially the ones who show football, have changed to NDS there will be no more patches, hacks, keys, etc

look back in history (encryption espionage etc) and every time a new big hack comes about it always points back to one of 2 places. NDS or Israel. now google NDS and Israel, look into NDS's security, or head of, and where hes based now

do you really think all of those patches for all of those recievers (a lot of which are clones of each other) are written by so many different people? even though the actual base of the patch is the same?

a###t is so adamant that its a UK based site so no discussion of card sharing or mention of sky and NDS at all, yet its run by an albanian who claims to be hacking satellite providors himself. thats illegal in the UK and just about every other EU state, yet he openly shows his address and phone number on the forums and nothing is done to him, even though he claims to be single handedly costing EU providors many millions of euros lost revenue every year by releasing HIS patches, if hes so good why not hack NDS? afterall, a technomate reciever WILL work with an NDS card with the right firmware

or could it be that the real people behind the patches have written out NDS support because they ARE NDS and DM is one of many public outlets to undermine the security of the competition?

whatever happened to nds being taken to court for cracking seca was that just a rumour

Just remember nothing last for ever so make the most of it while you can. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

excellent points there Digidude - and im inclined to agree - ive long heard the rumours that NDS have been behind the hacking of other encryption systems and have googled it before - it just smacks of conspiracy theory!!! The Albanian connection is intriguing as Digitalb isnt compromised either and ive long thought that was something to do with the fact they sell official cards and (i might be wrong here) but hasnt their encryption been open in the past (not necessarily that particular package)?

Surely though competition laws would prevent NDS being the sole provider of encryption services - in which case there should always be "something" open if we follow the logic that NDS will in theory crack and leak everything not their own?? Hopefully they are beavering away at N3 as we speak!!!

Anyway time will tell I guess - but I will bet there are more than a few clever Israeilis working out ways to hack everything - I know some of the posts Ive read on this very forum that prove to me that there are many that understand the processes and instructions involved in decoding tv signals and they claim to be small fry and lacking in knowledge compared to many!!

The Albanian connection is intriguing as Digitalb isnt compromised either and ive long thought that was something to do with the fact they sell official cards

Darkman also sells offical DigitALB/Supersport cards on his website. If he cracked that he would loose out on profits.

Darkman also sells offical DigitALB/Supersport cards on his website. If he cracked that he would loose out on profits.

anyone who posted a key when they were available was instantly banned as well

Back