Practical Driving Test - Appeal?

DOS

Inactive User
Reaction score
Had my practical driving test today, got 7 minors, and a major. The major was because I didn't let a bus out. Even if I was going to let it out, I wouldn't have been able to safely because of how close the cars behind were.

So iv decided to appeal and try to get a refund and retest, but strangely enough I cant find anything about it on the DSA site.

I found one site that said write to the DSA, but on the back of my test sheet, it says apply to a magistrates court.

Anyone know what the best way to appeal is?

Thanks
DOS

how close the cars behind were?
ur onto a plums m8 sorry ,u shouldnt be concerned with the cars behind u,unless ur reversing. that is the way they look at it.
bite the bullet and resit m8 good luck

Speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau, but "you can only appeal the driving test if you can prove that the test was not conducted according to the regulations" e.g if the examiner was racist or abusive. You cannot appeal any decision made by the examiner.

The Trouble with A bus is it could Start pulling out at Any time, If your there Or Not, The bus driver may Not see You. So stoping hard would be your only option If thats the case,
The fact u never saw the danger from that is why they will say U failed mate.
Good luck with your Next test pal.

if the bus was indicating to come out the stop you have to give them priority if its safe to do so, but as said before cars behind you are not your concern, if they run into the back of you its there fault...but if he wasnt indicating then it wasnt your fault but i dont think you can appeal any decision as its your word against the examiners
from highway code:
Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

Last edited:
Agree with the above, the cars behind you are not your immediate concern as they should be at a safe distance away.

If the bus was indicating to pull out then you should have let it out?

No grounds for you to appeal sorry to say?

Better luck next time mate, and don't give up?

Back