PPI deadline day

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got about £100 back about 2 years back but that was automatically sent to me I never actually claimed I think it was the Bank of Scotland.

Over the years I've had tonnes of cards loans from banks I've lost count it was when i did up a few properties and similar with cars.
Some 0% cards, small loans, mortgages swapped, etc.... tbh I wouldn't know were to start with who were and when and list banks and loan companies. It was 10- 20 years ago, Iwould bounce money round like there was no tomorrow in the day when banks would hand it out hand over fist.
Is there a simple way to just start a PPI claim without listing all the banks and companies ? and without paying someone a chunk of the claim ?. I might be entitled to a few bob you just never know.

I've had 1000's back mate. Still one that bugs me with black horse finance I must do something before the deadline.

Did you do it yourself or a company?. I'm tempted just let someone else do it as I wouldn't have a clue the names of them all, I'm thinking, paying them 24% is better than getting nothing,

Just checked, most ppi companies have stopped taking new claims on

Last edited:
Yes i let a company do it the first time around both myself and the missis used the same company. They just phoned us out of the blue years ago and just like you are saying now I had nothing to lose.. We had another company ring us last year and they said the rules had changed and they can chase for more. I let them have a go but they really where a shower of shite. After seeing your post this morning I went online and filled out a form to claim the ppi back on the car one with black horse. It took no longer than 5 mins. Now i'll sit back and wait and see. Really easy to do.

The mrs also went to this site this morning. Just put in who you think you had a card in with. But as you say time is now short so you will need to do it today.

How to check if you had PPI

Last edited:
I went on "which" and basically went through the lot, well all them I "think" I might have used.
Some like EGG who were or are now a part of Barclaycard and old Abbey National. Then there's Capitol One..... I've filled the lot in both mine and the missus's.
This were I did it:-
How to reclaim PPI for free: Make a quick and easy claim

I did both got rejected myself but won £600 on a pelvin payout via claims company still have one in process for pelvin. It’s worth a shot. I used Allay claims

£4500 last year from the halifax for PPI mis-sold away back in the 90's when I was self employed for a mortgage. 👍:D

I thought it was way too old to claim now but tried my luck, wrote to them and 2 weeks later got a phone call, lasted about 40 mins and two
weeks later got a letter telling me what their offer was, I accepted straight away, naturally. ;)

Last edited:
Self employed is an immediate win mate. Your insurance was deffo mis sold

Aye Ian there was no messing, every penny was re-paid including interest, in fact the interest was more that the money they stole lol.

Anyone who has claimed and lost in the past should have another go In pelvin. it’s not as big a payout but if it was in the qualifying dates it’s an automatic win most times

It was one of these annoying ads that prompted me to try my luck and probably thousands if not millions to try theirs,
every time I see one now the joggers hit the floor ;)
It's not just the ads Dave. It's text's and phone calls. :)

Back