Power line adapter problems

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
got 2 of these the other day 85mbs[ newlink ] i thought these were just plug n play , i installed the soft ware i got with it basically tells u that they are connected , which both were now iv`e tried these in 3 different houses , on 6 different pc`s running different versions of windows , and im scartching my head , for the life of me cant get them to work , ive unplugged me modem , rebooted pc`s and all setting are correct , im getting the error limited or no connection , shouldnt be a firewall or antivirus problerm should it? all machines are running avast home edition , ive tried different plug sockets in the house , there not plugged into any extentions , so dont know what to do next , any body got any ideas if ive over looked anything , i have 1 connected to the router and 1 in my laptop , [not a noob either sothats why its drivin me potty ]
tanks in advace biffo
ps on the plugs im got 2 green lights on power and ethernet and flashing 3rd green light send/recieve

hi biffo

i have belkin version to get to part of house that wifi don't reach, they all seemed prity similar when i was looking and all seem to be plug and play...however on some there is an option to setup encryption.

On the belkin when you go into the setup software you can select on or off.

it sounds like one of two things either one or both are faulty or perhaps the encryption is set on 1 and not the other !

If you install software on 1 pc and connect the plug it should see plug and give you mac add and speed its set to etc then connect the 2nd plug and see if you can see it on the same pc ie through 1st plug ? you should only need to install software on 1 pc.

At this point you should be able to see the mac add of the 2nd plug and if there are diags you should be able to get an indication of the speed they will run at, this is independent of another pc on the other end its just the link between the two plugs.

thanks Hatab m8 , i managed to fix this problem , i did install the software proggy i got with the adapters i recieved all i didnt do was to hit the privacy tab and choose set all device

So what is the connection like. I am thinking of getting it for my parents place as they have a dead spot on their wireless.

So what is the connection like. I am thinking of getting it for my parents place as they have a dead spot on their wireless.

never missed a beat since installed around xmas time, link has quite a large throughput of data although sold as 85Mbps on the diags reports its 75Mbps but i have no lag on devices i have on the link.

there are 200Mbps powerline plugs and gigabit too but its worth noting that most manufactures say 85 and 200 are not compatible on the same powered network.

you will find the 200Mbps plugs much more expensive.

got mine off flea-bay for £25 the pair on a buy now, much easier than trying to get a cable to where i wanted it :)

F5D4073 Belkin Powerline Turbo Starter Kit

Last edited:
well ive tried them with my girls pc`s my laptop and my Dreambox and like hatab said never misses a beat well recommened after i sorted the intial problem out lol and u can have up to 15 in 1 house

theres a fewHere take a look

Last edited:
Back