Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

post code routing

meanie

Inactive User
do u no of a program so that i can put all my days work post codes in and it will route it for me as the tomtom takes u the long way round ?

Yeah , simply set your Tom tom preferences for the shortest route, not the fastest and state use/or non use of A roads, or motorways..
Simples

have you got the settings correct on your tom tom m8 set for quickest route ?

I remember route 66 would let you do what you want with the postcodes.

thats put all postcodes in for the day like 20 of them and it will sort them out in the best route yeah

Ok, i see your point, 20 is alot.

Try this:Route Planner | UK & European Driving Directions | RAC

Or here, but think you will pay: Multi Drop Route Optimiser Uk - Free Download Multi Drop Route Optimiser Uk on FileHeap

You may find this a useful source of info:Homeworking Forum: Self-employed owner/driver delivery

You could try this on a free trial:Route Optimiser from Postcode Anywhere ? optimisation software, route planning & logistics

I do sympathise as i did a 1000mile run this week, some of which i had not been to before.
I use a Map & Satnav as the satnav is far from fool proof.
I tend to llok at the map to get an idea of the distance between the visits and plan my route with the furthest away first , working my way back home.
I must admit mt S80 Navman is better than the old Tom Tom i used before.
Purely because it uses free TMC info off the Radio and reroutes if any hold ups or accidents are flagged up.
Tom tom want you to pay for this!

mappoint (autoroute) has this feature just input all postcode and optimise route away you go

I use microsoft autoroute 2007.it plans/optimises your route and gives you total milage and times

Last edited:
I use Autoroute 2010, does the job great. (available on newsgroups, dunno about anywhere else)

Back