Possible to update Android?

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a phone advertised and, although it appears to check all the boxes, it's running an older version of Android (4.1 Icecream Sandwich?), is this likely to be an issue when installing later app's and, if so, is it possible to update to a later version of Android? (I've never had an Android device before, I'm ready to defect from iOS)

I think it'll depend on the phone. If it can be rooted you can flash custom roms on it, which could be the most up to date version of android.

It's a Casio G Z'one, only one on fleabay UK atm. Would its lowly dual core 1.5GHz processor take to this OK?

that phone your looking at is battered to bits by the looks of it if its the same one im looking at, if your willing to spend that money on a phone have a look at the latest motorola g, because it will beat that casio at everything you want it to do for just a little extra.

Moto G 4G SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (8GB): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

might find it cheaper elsewhere just a link to show you the phone, cracking android phones for the money though.

that phone your looking at is battered to bits by the looks of it if its the same one im looking at, if your willing to spend that money on a phone have a look at the latest motorola g, because it will beat that casio at everything you want it to do for just a little extra.

Moto G 4G SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (8GB): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

might find it cheaper elsewhere just a link to show you the phone, cracking android phones for the money though.

TBH I've never been a fan of Motorola, I'm sure they've probably improved over the years. That one certainly looks good for the price though.
I realise the on on the 'Bay is pricey given the state it's in, but I liked its ruggedness- the Moto looks a bit 'delicate' by comparison and I wouldn't be putting it up for any beauty contests lol!

its not just a good phone, its unbeatable at its price range, google now own motorola so speedy updates for the latest android as and when there released, only a suggestion mate upto you what you do, but id seriously consider it over that casio phone, didnt know they make phones, lol.

the casio looks like its about 2 or 3 year out of date if its still running android 2.3, i can pretty much guarantee you would be more than happy with the moto g over the casio, and i know the whole user experience would be 10x better using the moto g.

sounds like im trying to sell you thing haha, good luck in your choice.

I almost suggested the same thing in my earlier post @trevortron @BIG-HOL as my boy got a Moto G for his birthday & for the cash they're absolutely fantastic. Stick some gorilla glass & a rugged case on it and you'll have a far better phone for admittedly a wee bit more cash.
HH.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost suggested the same thing in my earlier post @trevortron @BIG-HOL as my boy got a Moto G for his birthday & for the cash they're absolutely fantastic. Stick some gorilla glass & a rugged case on it and you'll have a far better phone for admittedly a wee bit more cash.
HH.

Thanks HH, I'm warming to the idea... how bright is the display? I only ask as the iPhone is the first phone I've been able to read in direct sunlight- we get quite a lot of that here :) I would miss that.

Thanks HH, I'm warming to the idea... how bright is the display? I only ask as the iPhone is the first phone I've been able to read in direct sunlight- we get quite a lot of that here :) I would miss that.

No idea mate, we're on the west coast of Scotland so haven't seen the sun since 1976 :proud:
Obviously more of a consideration on the Algarve but looks as good in sunlight as any other recent phones we've had in the family, couldn't really compare to an iPhone though as I have no experience of them whatsoever. No phone shops near to see one hands-on?
HH.

Back