Please Help: Need Help Building Quad Core Pc!!

This one m8,

http://www.cclonline.com/product-in...ory_id=257&manufacturer_id=0&tid=11109-01-20r

I also rwecommend CCL computers for buying, its a local company to me and I see how its run - very good company for once!

Delivery is speedy, prices are competative, technical support is excellent (and a forum on CCL page) and returns are completely hastle free.

If there is a £50 difference between the p5n-e sli & p5n32 sli I would go for the non-gaming one.

Theres really not gonna be much in it, but as its 'designed for gamers' it gets geeky heads turning.

Asus do a P5N32-E SLi Plus for £117 - just like the P5N32 but without the gaming tag.

You defo going for a Intel machine then?

yeah, as the amd are cheaper but dont do a quad core equivalent at the moment, and when they do it will be abit steep for a while.

yeah have seen the p5n2- sli plus aswell but cant really see the difference between the 3 boards, other than the gaming tag being put on a couple.

Think I have almost decided on the motherboard, going to go computer markets on the weekend to see the best price I can get for it all then the fun bit putting it all together.

Kind Regards

Imran

P.S. I noticed you ahve the Corsair RAM, how you finding it as thats on my shortlist for RAM alongside Kingston.

Asus P5N32-E SLi plus £117

Intel E660 2.4x2 (1066 FSB) £141
or
Intel E6850 3.0x2 (1333 FSB) £179

OCZ 1GB DDR3 (1333Mhz) £152
or
OCZ 2GB DDR3 (1333Mhz) £276 (saving of £28 over the 1GB x 2 option)

Audigy £20

Sapphire ATi HD (Twin Output) £27

= £457 without case/psu for the slower.

= £619 without case/psu for the faster.

OUCH! From what you have said I don't quite understand why you want such fast equipment. Most of the performance would never get used.

Any dual core CPU is belting for multi-tasking. You said you don't need any photo/video/sound editing, so a slightly slower FSB would suit no problems (but would be less future proof)

Again, you don't really need the SLi option on the mobo if you don't game but I can't find a motherboard with high FSB's that doesnt include SLi features.

Hope some of this help!
T4i

Lovin my Corsair RAM m8. My last lot of Kingston HyperX gave me timing problems on the Nvidia chipset.

So RMA'd the Kingson, came back as faulty, got brand new, sold it and replaced with Corsair.

Not one problem with it m8.

Aaaah, you said quad and I've been looking at dual.....oooops.

f00k.

Asus P5N32-E SLi plus £117

Intel E660 2.4x2 (1066 FSB) £141
or
Intel E6850 3.0x2 (1333 FSB) £179

OCZ 1GB DDR3 (1333Mhz) £152
or
OCZ 2GB DDR3 (1333Mhz) £276 (saving of £28 over the 1GB x 2 option)

Audigy £20

Sapphire ATi HD (Twin Output) £27

= £457 without case/psu for the slower.

= £619 without case/psu for the faster.

OUCH! From what you have said I don't quite understand why you want such fast equipment. Most of the performance would never get used.

Any dual core CPU is belting for multi-tasking. You said you don't need any photo/video/sound editing, so a slightly slower FSB would suit no problems (but would be less future proof)

Again, you don't really need the SLi option on the mobo if you don't game but I can't find a motherboard with high FSB's that doesnt include SLi features.

Hope some of this help!
T4i

Ouch indeed,

the q6600 is around £150, and interms of RAM think I will stick with DDR2 corsair similar to yours, as the DDR3 1333mhz esp OCZ is way too much for me and will completely throw the cost of my project out.

Interms of SLI, i want it just in case i re discover games on my PC. As back at university I did play alot then my 360 and ps3 came and then never looked back but just incase the odd game catches my fancy, would like the option of upgrading the card esp as the prices will drop on them sooner or later.

You got any advice on cases, as you seem to be bang upto date with everyday. I had my eyes on an antec 900 or thermaltake but havent had the best response from people when saying those names. heres out i had my budget split.

motherboard - £120
processor - £160
Ram - £100
Hard Drive - £60
Graphics and sound - £50
psu - £30
game case - maximum £100

And thats me being very very generous I think, as am bound to pick up the odd bargain here and there. Plus the case shouldnt really cost me that nor should the ram if I stick to DDR2 800mhz and about 2gb for now.

Kind Regards

Imran

Lovin my Corsair RAM m8. My last lot of Kingston HyperX gave me timing problems on the Nvidia chipset.

So RMA'd the Kingson, came back as faulty, got brand new, sold it and replaced with Corsair.

Not one problem with it m8.

you sound like another satisfied corsair customer, alot of my mates have gone corsair and are absolutley loving it.

Where you recommend i get some corsair ddr2 800mhz ram probably the xms2 or something, want between 2gb-4gb.

Again, dont ask me why but i'm power crazy.

yes correct,but if he decides in the future like he has hinted,that he gets back into gaming and he decides he wants 2 cards they would have to be nvidia cards and not ati
erm...........crossfire? sli? I'm lost!

But this ATi card would work in the above mobos? PCI-E slot.

yes correct,but if he decides in the future like he has hinted,that he gets back into gaming and he decides he wants 2 cards they would have to be nvidia cards and not ati

kk, for £27 though I'd get this until (if) he gets back into gaming, by the time that happens todays cards will be outdated anyway.

He'd have to turn into some mad gaming bloke to need 2 gfx's.

Bring on PPU's.

yeah,nice price that card,would like to see some benchmarks for it
kk, for £27 though I'd get this until (if) he gets back into gaming, by the time that happens todays cards will be outdated anyway.

He'd have to turn into some mad gaming bloke to need 2 gfx's.

Bring on PPU's.

hiya bud,

thanks for the advice, wasnt aware of that but for £27 its not much to pay and I think I may be tempted to upgrade in the future, as having seen the capabilities of these machines and couple of decent looking games, may just get meself a decent gaming card such as the top end of the nvidia 8 series.

for now its perfectly specified and when games call, the 360 is picked up esp forza 2 and never put down.

Back