Please help driving me up the walls

mike_07

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i have a jvc 3 in 1 (dvd recorder, VHS, HDD) model DR-MX10SEK (ive included a link to the product ive got for extra information)

http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=DR-MX10SEK&catid=100086

my problem is, it was working as normal, then one day i went to switch it on and it wont:( its not the fuse because when i switch the power on at the wall the light on the front flashes and makes a clicking sound also the small fan at the back powers up, ive got hold of the manual but it doesn't say anything about this (i have a link for the manual online if needed) ive taken the case off to have a look (not that i really know what i am doing) and theres no lose connections or burn marks etc its all clean and seems ok, the fuse inside the unit is ok too,

anybody have any ideas what to do to sort this out?? what do i do??????

help is very much appreciated

thanks
mike

Have you tried contacting JVC support from their web site?

....ive taken the case off to have a look (not that i really know what i am doing) ............anybody have any ideas what to do to sort this out?? what do i do??????

If you don't know what you're doing, don't do anything! Seek professional help.

thanks guys, i havent got a warranty on it now, have looked on there website, in the manual and on the net but nothing, ive got a feeling it may be to do with the hdd but dont know what etc

i was hopeing it was something i could do, its outside the warranty so it wont be free and money is short at the mo and xmas comeing up,

if no one knows then it looks like it will have to wait :(

thanks

this is a common fault on these jvc dvd recorders that came with a built in hard especially the model you have and the one befor it the drmx1sek
apparently the chip that writes to the hard drive crashes
this normally happens if the dvd was recording to the hard drive and was turned off
to be quite honest there is no user fix to this
jvc know of this problem but wont fix if out of warranty
so your stuck to be quite honest
your best bet is fleabay it

Back